Physician-Infectious Disease Specialist (BCBE)
Company: CAN Community Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: CAN Community Health, one of the nation's largest
providers of HIV Services, has an exciting opportunity for an
Infectious Disease Specialist Physician located at our Phoenix, AZ
clinic. This Experience preferred but will train qualified
candidates. We are looking for someone who is passionate about
serving the needs of individuals impacted by HIV and other
infectious diseases. You will become part of our professional team
that drives home our Company's Mission and Values. We offer a good
quality of life with an excellent schedule, competitive pay with a
bonus plan, premiere benefits package with a retirement plan with a
generous company matching contribution. We have received
recognition in 2022, 2021, 2019, & 2018 NPT's Best Non-Profit to
Work for Award. CAN is a Drug-Free Workplace. All potential hires
will be required to take and clear a pre-employment drug screen
upon job offer. Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is preferred for this
position. Salary Range: $230K to $270K based upon education level,
background, and experience. You can find out more about us by
visiting our website at www.cancommunityhealth.org. Apply Today!
Job Title: Physician-Infectious Disease Specialist (BCBE) Date
Prepared: 12.12.2022 Status: Exempt EEO: Professional Revised:
Statement of Purpose: A Physician with CAN Community Health, Inc.
is responsible for providing sensitive, quality health care and
related services targeted to patients requiring treatment for
HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, and Sexually Transmitted Diseases. The
Physician will support the organization's goal in providing care to
straight, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities in
all their diversity regardless of their immediate ability to pay.
The Physician is responsible for screening, diagnoses and treatment
of patients and providing care in a sensitive and non-judgmental
manner. The Physician will make appropriate internal and external
referrals and is expected to maintain a high degree of professional
competence while adhering to the highest possible ethical
standards. Essential Functions:
- Provide high quality comprehensive care and treatment to new
and established patients for CAN Community Health, Inc.
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention, and early detection
by providing materials and resources to the patients and
- Determines which referrals are required based on examination
and patient needs.
- Determines level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation
- Exercises final medical judgment in all issues of health
- Prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to
- Orders studies, test and ancillary services.
- Documents all services in patient medical record, Greenway/EHS,
in a timely manner.
- Reviews on a regular basis long term cases that require ongoing
- Consults with Medical Director and other professionals on staff
as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education
- Participates in quality improvement, management, continuing
education, and other patient care programs established by the
- Oversees mid-level medical staff as assigned as well as nursing
clinical staff and Physician's Assistant.
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests, and
inquiries from patients
- Complies with, and enforces all established CAN policies,
procedures, and protocols as well as any department-specific
policies and procedures as they relate to provider functions.
- Supports efforts to ensure that policies and procedures are
appropriate to programs and services and that they are developed
and/or adjusted according to programmatic changes and evolving
- Support activities around our 340B Pharmacy Program.
- Maintain knowledge of state and federal legislative and
regulatory laws and rules.
- Promotes and practices CAN Community Health, Inc.'s mission,
values and follows policies.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in
accordance with professional and departmental standards. 20.
Promotes and practices CAN Community Health Inc's mission and
values and follows its policies and procedures. 21. Ensures
confidentiality is maintained by entire team regarding
patient/client information in accordance with HIPAA, professional
and departmental standards. Secondary Tasks:
- Works as a liaison with facility management team members to
ensure successful flow of the organization's operations.
- Medical degree in medicine from an accredited school
- Current and Active State Licensure, MD or DO
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine or Family Practice.
HIVMA or AAHIVM certification strongly preferred.
- Current Federal DEA Certification.
- Maintaining continuing education requirements to maintain
current licensure Competencies:
- Strategic Thinking/Problem Solving
- Results Driven
- Interpersonal Skills
- Decision Making Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Board Certified in Infectious Disease with substantial
experience in HIV primary care. (Minimum of 3 years)
- Experience in sexually transmitted infection screening,
treatment, and education.
- Experience in Sexual Health and in screening, treating &
patient education in sexually transmitted infection within a harm
reduction model of care, preferred.
- Ability to work with patients with dual HIV-mental health
diagnoses. (Minimum of 3 years)
- Ability to provide care and treatment to patients diagnosed
with comorbid conditions.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical
principles, procedures, and techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient
treatment of HIV/AIDS, Hep C, STDs.
- Demonstrated Leadership Abilities, including team
- Knowledge of EMR systems such as Eclinical Works
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a
collaborative management style.
- Ability to tactfully interact with diverse personalities.
- Promotes teamwork, productivity, and delivery of high-quality
- High comfort working in a diverse, busy environment with
- Knowledge of HIV medical terminology, procedures, medications,
and treatment practices. CAN Required Trainings:
- General Orientation HIPAA Sexual Harassment
- Violence in the Workplace HIV/AIDS Health Stream Courses (as
assigned) Basic Annual Safety Training Work Environment:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
audio visual, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax
machines. Physical Requirements:
- Neat, professional appearance.
- Exerts up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20
lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly
to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including
the human body. Involves sitting most of the time but may involve
walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Requires expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken
word, visual and auditory acuity. Position Type/Expected Hours of
- This position may require additional time above normal
operating hours and on occasion weekend work. Travel: Travel is
primary during the business day, although some out-of-area and
overnight travel may be expected. Must be able to operate a motor
vehicle and have valid insurance and driver's license. Other
Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover
or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice. Responsible To: Chief Medical Officer CAN
Community Health is an equal opportunity employer that is committed
to diversity and values the ways in which we are different. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, veteran status, or other
characteristic protected by applicable law. PI200398694
Keywords: CAN Community Health, Phoenix , Physician-Infectious Disease Specialist (BCBE), Healthcare , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!