Regional Sales Manager
Company: Smithfield Foods
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Regional Sales Manager
US-CA-The City of Industry - US-AZ-Phoenix
Corporate - Day Shift
$85,500 - $127,050
US-CA-The City of Industry
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for achieving assigned
regional sales goals and growth through effective sales planning
and execution. Works with members of the sales chain to achieve
sales targets. Emphasizes growth through development of new
customers as well as the maintenance and growth of existing
customers. Introduces and places new products with customers,
executes organizational initiatives and drives sales of key items
with strategic customers for long-term growth. Collaborates
directly with our broker partners to drive consumer packaged goods
execution, distribution and new item placement in respective
$85,500 - $127,050
Increase Distribution of Product Lines
- Manages Smithfield's Broker
relationships to increase distribution of product lines.
- Trains and monitors the sales activities of Broker
representatives to ensure consistency in selling products.
- Plans for regional sales and assists with sales proposal
developments, sales presentations and sales calls.
- Provides sales training to Brokers on new and existing products
for sales presentations.
- Directs broker team thru meeting attendance and works within
market to drive company initiatives in store. Maintain and Increase
- Meets directly with customers and key decision makers to
maintain and increase sales of Smithfield products.
- Develops and makes formal presentations and/or proposals.
- Provides samples and may demonstrate the use of specific items
as part of the sales process.
- Determines and drives execution of key programs based on
regions' needs and requirements (sales incentives, account specific
marketing programs, etc.). Sales Plans
- Implements and executes Smithfield sales plans to promote
- Customizes plans to meet the local and regional marketing
- Assists sales and brokers in developing and executing sales
promotions of products.
- Utilizes syndicated data and all resources to drive sales
plans. Meet Sales Objectives
- Maintains coordination with integral company functions to
ensure sales objectives are met. The above statements are intended
to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or
university and 5+ years' relevant experience; or equivalent
combination of education and experience, required.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience in a position of leadership to
include team development and management, required.
- Must understand the dynamics of the Consumer Packaged Goods
- Must have a solid understanding of customer focused and fact
based selling, including IRI, Neilsen and Perishable Group
- Understanding of product cuttings - comfort and knowledge of
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills,
organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and
- Knowledge and experience with Apple software, Microsoft Excel,
- SAP experience, preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Willing and able to travel at least 50%
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
- Provides leadership and guidance to Senior Sales Account
Managers, Sales Account Managers or Sales Representatives.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit
smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits. PEOPLE MATTER More than 63,000
employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair,
ethical and rewarding work environment. GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job - it's the foundation for a
lifelong career with training designed to help you advance
professionally. BENEFITS Our people matter. That's why we offer
excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time
employees. Also, education benefits available to full and part-time
Smithfield team members on their first day of employment
SUSTAINABILITY PLEDGE Sustainability is ingrained in our culture
and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc.
is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global
reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to
producing "Good food. Responsibly" and serve as one of the world's
leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered
sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our
industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in our U.S.
company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across
our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of
protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of
millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a
portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield,
Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others. For more
information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace
diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected
veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other
protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Phoenix , Regional Sales Manager, Sales , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!