FBI Special Agent: Military/Law Enforcement
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Posted on: September 24, 2022
FBI Special Agents apply their professional expertise and unique
skill sets to their work every day and that includes law
enforcement and military backgrounds. As an FBI Special Agent with
a military or law enforcement background, you can apply your
tactical skills, leadership, integrity and teamwork to gathering
evidence or helping to dismantle a criminal enterprise.
You can expect continued specialized training once onboard and
opportunities to work on some of the Bureau's most complex cases.
The scope and scale of our investigations provide unique challenges
unlike anything you could work on in the private sector. Your
ultimate mission: to protect the American people and uphold the
Constitution of the United States.
$66,991.25 - $86,442.50
Salary is commensurate to experience and location.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and
a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented
Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Pass all physical fitness requirements; must be physically fit
to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and
maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to,
meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a
Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer
to one of the FBI's 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto
Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the
needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing
office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared
for and support this move.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty
assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include
irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search
warrants, raids and similar assignments.
- FBI Police Officer applicants are required to sign a continued
service agreement that notes their willingness to remain in the FBI
Police Officer position for a minimum of two years from the date
they first report to duty. In addition, all Special Agent
candidates must successfully complete the Special Agent Selection
System (SASS), a mentally and physically challenging process
designed to find only the most capable applicants. The selection
process typically takes one year or more to complete.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th
birthday on appointment.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see
work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree from a U.S.-accredited
college or university.
All degrees must be from an accredited college or university and
must be verified by submitting college transcripts.PI191349816
Keywords: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Phoenix , FBI Special Agent: Military/Law Enforcement, Sales , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!