FBI Special Agent: Education/Teaching
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Posted on: May 15, 2022
FBI Special Agents apply their professional expertise and unique
skill sets to their work every day. Many come from professional
backgrounds, including education. Your methodical and analytical
ability to simplify complex material and present it with clear
explanations is highly valued at the FBI. Your education
experience, whether K-12 or higher, can easily translate to a
Special Agent career, where you'll enhance your team by identifying
threats and building relationships with communities and
individuals. You can expect continued specialized training once
onboard and opportunities to work on some of the Bureau's most
complex cases. The scope and scale of our investigations provide
unique challenges unlike anything you could work on in the private
sector. Your ultimate mission: to protect the American people and
uphold the Constitution of the United States. SALARY LEVEL
$66,991.25 - $86,442.50 Salary is commensurate to experience and
location. DUTIES Candidates must:
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and
a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented
Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Pass all physical fitness requirements; must be physically fit
to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and
maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to,
meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a
Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer
to one of the FBI's 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto
Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the
needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing
office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared
for and support this move.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty
assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include
irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search
warrants, raids and similar assignments.In addition, all Special
Agent candidates must successfully complete the Special Agent
Selection System (SASS), a mentally and physically challenging
process designed to find only the most capable applicants. The
selection process typically takes one year or more to complete. KEY
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th
birthday on appointment.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see
work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months
driving experience. EDUCATION
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree or higher (preferably
in education or a related field) from a U.S.-accredited college or
university. All degrees must be from an accredited college or
university and must be verified by submitting college
Keywords: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Phoenix , FBI Special Agent: Education/Teaching, Sales , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!