Sales Support Specialist
Posted on: September 15, 2020
Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution?
Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals
and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of
our customers' teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of
At Univar Solutions, we're building on our more than 90 years of
experience and drawing on deep resources - inventory and logistics
experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and
marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched
portfolio to solve customers' formulation and operational
challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you'll play an
important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and
Provide support to sales team by performing such tasks as
forecasting, processing third-party directs and product pricing.
Acts as link between sales, MPU and operations. Overall duties will
be defined by the needs of the customer and will be in support of
any business segment as deemed appropriate by the Sales Support
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update Energy Sector spreadsheet and
- Consolidate demand forecasts received from sales team to ensure
- Monitor Forecast Exceptions report monthly. Follow up with
sales team to verify and adjust forecast when necessary.
- Monitor purchase orders being placed by MPU to avoid
overstocking, and/or inaccurate product purchases and inaccurate
pricing. Reports that are commonly used for this purpose are Daily
Purchasing Activity, Canceled/Reduced Order and Unapproved PO Line
- Work with supplier on vendor material returns when needed, i.e.
off-spec product or wrong material.
- Maintain costbooks - direct and warehouse.
- Research and process cost variances.
- Process and bill all third-party direct orders.
- Provide back up to all sales support team members as
- Prioritizing work activities to concentrate on those things
most critical to serving our customers' needs.
- Resolve disputes in product cost and quantity with MPU as it
relates to backorders, forecasts and new product issues
- Identifying potential problems and notifying the necessary
individual to take the appropriate action to resolve and prevent
- Ability to manage wide range of detail-oriented work
- Teamwork - understand the need for continuous communication
between sales, MPU, and operations.
- Works well under pressure and aggressive deadlines.
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Communication
includes both written and verbal.
- Persistent in following up detailed issues to conclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse work group.
- PC experience to create spreadsheets and update database.
Familiarity with MS Word and Excel.
- MS Access experience a plus.
- Understanding of company planning system, policies and
- UVX knowledge needed for daily transactions
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in sale support related work.
Chemical Industry experience preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proven ability to resolve disputes in product cost and quantity
with MPU as it relates to backorders, forecasts and new product
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not
be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical,
dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much
Keywords: Univar, Phoenix , Sales Support Specialist, Sales , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!