Analyst, Inventory Analytics (Service Level Optimization)
Posted on: June 15, 2019
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we're not salespeople. Since 2013,
we've been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars.
We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the
traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the
largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world - the $1T per
year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T").
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive
inventory, to high-resolution 360-- photographs of our vehicles'
interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to
complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership,
we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers
that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our
vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point
certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We
also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers
as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our
state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that
right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our
business, we've built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying
experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our--company
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and
possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people,
willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and
juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at
one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies
around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and
develop a world-class team every day. In our down time we have ping
pong and corn hole (or "bags," depending on where you're from)
tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so
you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR---.
An analytical, driven and resourceful person to join our rapidly
growing organization. This individual will have the unique
opportunity to join a team that is in the process of building best
in class data-driven supply chain capabilities from the ground up.
As Analyst, Inventory Analytics, you will be focused on building
and implementing the system that tracks the service level agreement
for purchases. The Analyst, Inventory Analytics will partner with
all areas of the operation to learn about the current process and
build the necessary process build and track the service level
This person does NOT need to have experience in supply chain, but
must be anxious to leverage his/her analytical and technical skills
to make an immediate and meaningful impact on the business. We have
no shortage of data, resources or ambition at Carvana, and we are
excited to bring on people who share our desire to leverage data
and technology to accelerate our disruption of the traditional car
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- You will add business value by helping architect, design, and
prototype solutions to optimize the service level to customers
- Utilize business intelligence related tools and concepts such
as Tableau, SQL (through MS SQL Server), relational database
design, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Excel, and Python to
solve operational problems.
- Automate supply chain and inventory management processes
including incorporation of data into real-time decision
- Build dashboards using Tableau, Excel or similar to
explain/communicate inventory performance and identify
opportunities for improvement
- Regularly update leadership on service level agreement
requirements, facilitating x-functional communication
- You will work with end-users to validate data and ensure buy-in
with new reporting or analysis.
- You will work with others to understand business processes and
deliver data so that non-technical resources can understand/respond
- You will become familiar with current operations across various
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics,
Engineering, Finance, Math, Supply Chain, or similar field (3+
years of experience)
- Experience with Tableau and SQL required
- Expert level knowledge of Excel
- Analytical mindset with exceptional critical thinking
- Comfort navigating and manipulating large data sets to identify
trends and underlying drivers
- Proficiency in PowerPivot, Microsoft VBA preferred
- Experience with Python is a strong plus, but not
- Ability to thrive (and preference to work) in a dynamic,
fast-paced environment with frequently changing goals and
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and interest in solving
- Excellence in implementation, including attention to detail and
strong organizational skills
- Enthusiasm and positive energy to contribute to and thrive in a
rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt
as the company evolves
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:--
- Full-Time Hourly Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your
knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up
atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Will consider
applicants with current visa.
Keywords: Carvana, Phoenix , Analyst, Inventory Analytics (Service Level Optimization), Professions , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!