Associate Technician, Facilities 2nd Shift
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Job Category: Facilities
Work Location: 620 N. 51st Avenue 85043
Shift: 2nd Shift_USA
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
ASSOCIATE TECHNICIAN, FACILITIES (2nd Shift)
Purpose and Scope of Position
The Assoc Tech, Facilities supports the successful operation of
facility, laboratory, manufacturing GMP areas and business
functions through interaction with internal customers and external
providers. The incumbent must be available 24/7 for site
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of shop tools.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing and electric.
- Basic knowledge of minor repairs (sheetrock work, equipment
repairs, structural work and irrigation).
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently for extended periods of
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Intermediate knowledge of cGMP, OSHA, and ADEQ
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires strong customer service skills.
- Ability to obtain forklift certification.Duties and
Provides support for executing and assigning maintenance
- Repairs equipment that is not functioning properly.
- Performs cleaning activities of all GMP areas including floor
- Performs repairs to facility including landscape, lighting,
fences and gates, painting, electrical, plumbing, minor structural
repairs and assisting maintenance department.
- Responds to emergency repairs and containment activities as
- Performs janitorial duties as needed in the absence of the
- Execute facility remodeling projects as needed.
- Perform on demand e-work orders daily.
- Inventories and orders supplies as needed.
- Performs PM s per schedule.
- Empties cardboard compactor (fork lift certified).
- Maintain off-site warehouse and storage pads.Provides support
to all departments and employees when called upon.
- Performs space planning activities including office and cube
- Sets up conference and meeting rooms and provides technical
- Responds to daily request for service from employees through
the e-work order system.Performs duties in proprietary areas
including manufacturing suites and labs.
- Assists manufacturing with glass and waste disposal (fork lift
- Removes waste glass from labs daily.
- Executes EAM work orders during shutdown activities in
manufacturing suites and labs.
- Perform daily duties of Cleaning of Non-Classified Areas
- Clean classified and sensitive areas and equipment.
- Responds to emergencies in proprietary areas 24/7.
- Assists maintenance department when needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year relevant work experience required, preferably in a
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training
may substitute.Working Conditions
- The incumbent will be required to climb ladders and utilize
- The incumbent may be required to stand for extended periods of
- The incumbent will be required to kneel, bend, push, pull,
reach, balance, and/or lift greater than 20 lbs.
- The incumbent must communicate both verbally and written.
- The incumbent s environment may be dusty or dirty.
- The incumbent will be working around hazardous materials to
include chemical agents.
- The incumbent s environment may be greasy, and the workspace
may be constricted.
- The incumbent may be required to respond to emergencies such as
spills or unsafe conditions.This job description is intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and
responsibilities are intended to describe those
functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the
only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There
are other duties and responsibilities that are considered
secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding
this position will be required to perform any other job-related
duties as requested by management.
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing
drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major
global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the
discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products
for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory
\"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing
drugs for our patients.\"
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers
using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being
studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor
cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes,
chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin s lymphoma (NHL),
triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed
as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to
patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We
believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the
opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with
industry-leading programs that provide information, support and
access to our innovative therapies. Associated topics:
administrative, administrative assistant, administrative support,
assist, assistance, front desk, human resources, mail room, office,
Keywords: Celgene, Phoenix , Associate Technician, Facilities 2nd Shift, Professions , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!