Maintenance Supervisor - UniFirst
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Our Team is Kind of a Big Deal! UniFirst is seeking a reliable
and hardworking Maintenance Supervisor to join our UniFirst
community! As the Maintenance Supervisor you will ensure all
facility equipment is efficiently functioning and identify areas to
improve processes, procedures, maintenance practices and on-going
training for all maintenance staff. At UniFirst we have a standard
Monday - Friday work week with periodic night and weekend overtime.
We have an immediate opening and provide on the job training.
What's in it for you?
Our Team Partners receive quality skills training designed to
enhance their performance and assist them with their career
potential and advancement.
You may quickly find yourself on the fast-track to success. We are
a rapidly growing company offering significant avenues for personal
development and growth.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out
from the rest.
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different
cultures, personalities, and backgrounds because we believe it
takes many kinds of people to make us successful.
What you'll be doing:
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems and determine
corrective action by checking blueprints, schematics, repair
manuals and parts catalogs.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose
- Performing basic welding activities to effect repairs on
facilities and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's)
and associated control systems.
- Perform and assign all preventive maintenance on facility and
- Follow blueprints, schematics, operations manuals,
manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications using a
- Perform boiler chemical and wastewater pre-treatment system
testing, record results in logbooks / computer systems and make
necessary chemical adjustments as required.
- Manage and assign all equipment maintenance, including repairs
which cannot be completed during standard hours.
- Assume responsibility for all shifts in the maintenance
- Oversee and implement all maintenance related regulatory and
environmental compliance requirements.
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of safety within the
- Perform Confined Space and Lockout / Tagout procedures where
- Monitor training status of technicians and provide time for
required training as needed.
- Utilize a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Partner with the Production Manager to develop, manage and
maintain budget for building, equipment, capital expenditures and
- Train and develop maintenance partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
What we're looking for:
- High school and/or GED is preferred.
- Two-year technical degree in an appropriate background is
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record are
- Must pass UniFirst's maintenance knowledge assessment to be
eligible for employment.
- Knowledgeable in maintenance equipment. This includes wiring,
electrical, mechanical, electronic components, pipe systems and
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience repairing industrial
processing equipment in a production environment required.
Applicable military experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience supervising maintenance
personnel is preferred.
- Maintenance administration experience including planning,
scheduling, budgeting, negotiating, parts management, vendor
management, maintenance management systems is required.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics is required.
- Ability to read and understand maintenance literature printed
in English required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills is required.
- Experience in Hand & Power tools is required.
- Lockout / Tagout experience is required
- Ability to work overtime as needed is required.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture
where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking
advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar
garment services industry. We currently employ over 13,000 team
partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout
the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of
Selling Power magazine's "Best Companies to Sell For" list and
recognized on Forbes magazine's "Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies"
list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there's
never been a better time to join our team.
There's a lot to love about UniFirst, where you come first.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate
in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of
race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical
or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy,
citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you
need accommodation for any part of the application process because
of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to
TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call to let us know the nature of
UniFirst Recruiters and/or representatives will not ask job seekers
to provide personal financial information when submitting a job
application. Please be vigilant as such requests for information
may be fraudulent.
Keywords: UniFirst, Phoenix , Maintenance Supervisor - UniFirst, Professions , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!