Journeyman Commercial Refrigeration Specialist
Location: Paradise Valley
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Description With over 150 years of experience, CoolSys is the
market-leading indoor environment solutions company. Our full
spectrum of best-in-class services includes HVAC & refrigeration
installations, remodels, service & maintenance; and energy
solutions, including controls and lighting. CoolSys serves
customers in the retail, commercial, food service, educational,
healthcare, and industrial markets. Headquartered in Southern
California, CoolSys has more than 2,000 highly trained, field-based
service and installation experts, serving more than 45,000 customer
locations across North America daily. WHAT WE OFFER
We are a large company serving many unique customers - because of
this, we provide job stability and long-term opportunity for career
growth. We invest in our technicians by offering:
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Exposure to a Large Variety of Projects
- Industry-leading Benefit Packages
- Advanced support and tools designed to improve your
- Pay from $25.00 - 35.00 based on experience WHY JOIN US
We understand that hiring great people in the field is the
foundation of everything we do. Our employee benefits packages
- Competitive pay including a quarterly bonus plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(K) match
- Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid online training and state-of-the-art training facility to
invest in YOUR career growth
- Opportunities available nationwide
- Employee discounts on vehicles, hotels, theme parks, select
cell phone bills and so much more
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Plan, and ID Theft Protection JOB SUMMARY The
Refrigeration Journeyman is responsible for installation of
refrigeration systems following customer specifications, applicable
building code and proper piping practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support on construction job by piping cooler boxes and
refrigeration cases, including electrical wiring as required to
complete the project.
- Removing and installing new refrigeration equipment, including
walk in and cases.
- Provides the required installation of pipe hangers as directed
by the foreman.
- Provides support by handing cooler box coils and installing new
supermarket refrigeration systems or remodeling existing
supermarket refrigeration systems.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent work experience and trade
or technical school classes
- 3 - 5+ years of experience in the construction industry
preferred and hands on field experience in commercial
- EPA Universal Certification should have or be able to
- Experience in copper brazing, market remodeling.
- Good driving record.
- Knowledge of electrical systems and ability to wire
- Knowledge of carpentry.
- Knowledge of refrigeration systems and piping of refrigeration
- Knowledge of plumbing and pipe fittings, and ability to pipe
- Knowledge of and ability to read blueprints on refrigeration,
electrical and plumbing.
- Ability to hang evaporation coils and install overhead
- Ability to use hand and power tools and good mechanical
- Knowledge of jobsite safety, ability to oversee work activities
to ensure safe work practices and safety rule compliance.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- MUST be willing to travel.
- MUST be willing and available to work night.
Today, there are 22 different companies that make up the CoolSys
family of brands. When you join CoolSys, you join a nationwide
network of the country's best and most highly trained technicians.
Our valued employees are at the heart of our continued growth and
success. We invite you to be part of that growth!
Connect with us on Facebook and on Twitter . Coolsys is an
EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. All qualified individuals -
Including all ages, colors, disability, ethnicity, family or
marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national
origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race,
religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran
status, and other characteristics are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and MVR) and drug
testing (including for marijuana) are required for all positions.
Coolsys will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories
in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or local
CoolSys - Technicians from CoolSys on Vimeo .
Keywords: coolsys, Phoenix , Journeyman Commercial Refrigeration Specialist, Professions , Paradise Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!