Commercial Refrigeration Start-up Technician
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Description With over 150 years of experience, CoolSys is the
market-leading indoor environment solutions company. Our full
spectrum of best-in-class services includes HVAC & refrigeration
installations, remodels, service & maintenance; and energy
solutions, including controls and lighting. CoolSys serves
customers in the retail, commercial, food service, educational,
healthcare, and industrial markets. Headquartered in Southern
California, CoolSys has more than 2,000 highly trained, field-based
service and installation experts, serving more than 45,000 customer
locations across North America daily. WHAT WE OFFER
We are a large company serving many unique customers - because of
this, we provide job stability and long-term opportunity for career
growth. We invest in our technicians by offering:
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Exposure to a Large Variety of Projects
- Industry-leading Benefit Packages
- Advanced support and tools designed to improve your
- Pay from $35-48/hour based on experience WHY JOIN US
We understand that hiring great people in the field is the
foundation of everything we do. Our employee benefits packages
- Competitive pay including a quarterly bonus plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(K) matches
- Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid online training and state-of-the-art training facility to
invest in YOUR career growth
- Opportunities available nationwide
- Employee discounts on vehicles, hotels, theme parks, select
cell phone bills and so much more
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Plan, and ID Theft Protection Refrigeration Start-up
Technicians are responsible for start-up of supermarket
refrigeration, heating and ventilation equipment to ensure customer
needs are met efficiently, accurately and on-time as well as
assists with Energy Optimization (EO) projects. The ideal candidate
should know advanced solid-state controls; oil systems safety
controls; mechanical sub-cooling; introduction to head pressure
controls for energy reduction; introduction to energy management
systems (EMS); refrigeration rack oil systems; advanced de-frost
diagnosis; and single and parallel compressor system start-up in a
supermarket environment. Technician must carry the skillset up of a
Journeyman level which includes construction experience in
performing installation of refrigeration systems including
electrical, plumbing and fixtures. Technician will function as the
subject matter expert for process, procedures, and projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs evacuations of parallel racks after verifying pressure
- Check EMS wiring and programming for all manufactures of EMS
- Performs full start-up of new parallel refrigeration systems
and individual systems.
- Leads small projects such as single case and condenser change
- Assists with EO projects which would include
retro-commissioning of supermarkets for system performance or
utility programs, EMS upgrades, leak detection upgrades, gas
- Works with local branch Service and Construction Managers
between projects to assist in problematic stores.
- Perform other duties as assigned. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Course work at an accredited vocation technical or trade
- 3+ years of supermarket EMS systems.
- EMS Certification preferred.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in commercial refrigeration;
especially experience with parallel rack systems.
- Experience and proficient knowledge of supermarket
- EPA I and II Certification required.
- Valid Driver's License required at all times.
- Good driving record.
- Solid working knowledge of use of the Microsoft suite of
applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of refrigeration, ice machines, and electrical
- Expert knowledge of single systems, parallel racks systems,
display cases and walk-ins.
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot commercial and supermarket
- Expert knowledge of EMS systems in supermarket applications for
wiring and programming (CPC, Novar, Danfoss)
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Good communication skills and the ability to build strong
relationships with the customers, management, crew, and team.
- Knowledge of and ability to read blueprints on refrigeration,
electrical and plumbing.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Travel, over-night, and overtime work as needed.
- Ability to organize and prioritize your own work schedule and
the work schedules of others on short-term basis Today, there are
22 different companies that make up the CoolSys family of brands.
When you join CoolSys, you join a nationwide network of the
country's best and most highly trained technicians. Our valued
employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We
invite you to be part of that growth!
Connect with us on Facebook and on Twitter . Coolsys is an EEO/AA
/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. All qualified individuals - Including
all ages, colors, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status,
gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical
and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual
orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other
characteristics are encouraged to apply. Pre-employment background
screening (criminal and MVR) and drug testing (including for
marijuana) are required for all positions. Coolsys will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with federal law, state law, or local ordinance. 2023
CoolSys - Technicians from CoolSys on Vimeo .
Keywords: coolsys, Phoenix , Commercial Refrigeration Start-up Technician, Professions , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!