Facility Maintenance Technician
Company: Hercules Industries, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Performs general maintenance and repair of the buildings,
grounds and facilities. Also responsible for building for
electrical and plumbing systems.$21.90-$28.90 per hour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Inspect buildings and other structures to determine functional
systems and detect malfunctions and needed repairs, making notes
- Perform minor electrical maintenance to include but not limited
to replacement or repair of fixtures (I.e. wall switches and
outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast,
sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate
hand, power and specialty tools.
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance (i.e. replacement or repair
of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging drains, trenches and/or
laying new lines).
- Perform minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (i.e.
preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer or roller to apply
paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance on concrete and stone
surfaces and building walls as needed.
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices
and space (i.e. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage
bins, lighting, filing cabinets etc.) to accommodate user needs and
maximize office space using various hand, power, and specialty
tools, dollies, and hand trucks.
- Prepares surfaces and paints various structures and equipment
(i.e. wall, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom
facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion
and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various
painting equipment and related tools (i.e. sprayers, rollers,
brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors,
elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas.
- Maintains grounds by mowing, trimming and pruning shrubs,
trees, and flowers, raking leaves and removing snow and ice.
Maintains landscaping sprinkler system.
- Order parts.
- Performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine
problems with non-functioning equipment.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED and 2 years related experience in
building maintenance operations, including electrical, plumbing,
painting, dry wall, landscaping and sprinkler systems, or
equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experienced with operating maintenance equipment, e.g., hand
and power tools, tape measure, test equipment, etc.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- A minimum of 2 years of facilities management and experience
performing maintenance and repair of building systems.
- Basic electrical, plumbing, painting, drywall, carpentry and
landscaping experience (including experience with landscaping
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret technical
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and ability to complete
projects in a timely manner.
- Must be dependable, follow instructions and respond to
- Ability to prioritize and use time efficiently.
- Ability to monitor own work to ensure quality and observe
safety and security procedures.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to write and read routine reports or job
orders. Ability to understand job instructions.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and
decimals. Must be able to perform these operations using American
units of money, weight, volume and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret, understand, and carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability
to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
ATTENDANCE DEMANDS: Attendance is required Monday through Friday
within normal business hours as established by the supervisor.
Employee may be required to work overtime.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently
require to use a hand to finger, handle and feel objects, took, and
controls and to climb and balance. The employee is occasionally
required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 100 pounds. Employee must be able to communicate
readily and to talk and hear. Specific visual abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures. Employee would be
working both inside and outside and from elevated
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high,
- Occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
- Occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally very
DISCLAIMER:The preceding job description is designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Hercules Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regards to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran,
status as a qualified individual with disability, or other legally
Comprehensive benefits are an important component of an employee's
compensation package. Hercules recognizes the contribution of every
team member and therefore is pleased to offer a competitive and
cost-effective benefits package to support your needs and long-term
Hercules Industries offers the following insurance: Medical,
Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and
Employee Life Insurance (Basic Life/AD&D and Voluntary
Life/AD&D). We pay Holiday, Vacation, and Sick time; as well as
a Flexible Spending Plan, Wellness Program, and Employee Assistance
We offer a 401(k) Savings Plan and company match. Hercules is an
Employee-owned company and offers an Employee Stock Ownership Plan
The company offers a quarterly Hercules Employee-Owner Partners in
Profit Bonus based on eligibility.
Hercules encourages and supports participation in service
activities that contribute to our community. Employees are
permitted to take three paid hours of work time per month to
participate in an approved community service activity.
Keywords: Hercules Industries, Inc., Phoenix , Facility Maintenance Technician, Professions , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!