Facilities Tech / Maintenance Staff
Company: Girls Scouts - Arizona Cactus Pine Council
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Summary: Assist with maintenance, operational, logistical, and
custodial services for assigned camp property. Provide primary
support to the Director of Facilities with maintenance of land,
buildings, utilities, and equipment. Also provide onsite assistance
to all individuals and groups utilizing the property. Provide
assistance with onsite security for events and activities. The
Facilities Tech is responsible for property management and oversite
in the absence of the Director of Facilities. Reports to: Director
of Facilities FLSA Status: Regular, FT (Non-Exempt) Essential
Functions: Assist Director of Facilities with the following-
- Provide comprehensive site maintenance and janitorial services
in support of the Girl Scout program.
- Provide onsite assistance to all individuals and groups using
the property, and ensure that hospitality, safety, health, and
security standards are continually met and maintained.
- Open and close designated areas and facilities according to
- Perform repairs to buildings and equipment and purchase
required supplies as directed.
- Assist the Director of Facilities in ensuring that the camp
always complies with applicable federal, state, and local codes,
safety activity checkpoints, and American Camp Association
- Maintain inventory and stocking of cleaning supplies and paper
products for the property.
- Provide written reports and evaluations as requested.
- Maintain positive working relationship with federal, state, and
- Provide assistance to other Director of Facilities when
- Attend and participate in regular team and council-wide
meetings, trainings, and professional development
- Other duties as assigned. Summer Camp (additional) -
- Work closely with Camp Director and other program staff to
provide property related training to seasonal staff.
- Participate in emergency response exercises and be prepared to
assume assigned responsibilities in the event of an emergency.
- Assist with the arrival and departure of campers.
- Assist with all post-camp breakdown, clean up, and inventory
- Other duties as assigned. Competencies:
- Ability to work under pressure, manage work-time, meet
deadlines, and handle a potentially heavy workload in a positive
and flexible manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff,
volunteers, girls, and adults, who encompass the full spectrum of
- Exhibit an attitude and behavior consistent with the core
competencies, core values, and beliefs of the organization.
- Knowledge of general building and grounds maintenance
techniques with some demonstrated experience in related building,
construction, or property management trades (i.e., painting,
carpentry, plumbing, etc.).
- Ability to operate a variety of machinery and/or power tools
safely and effectively.
- Ability, in the absence of the Director of Facilities, to take
on increased responsibilities and on regular basis work evenings
- Ability to handle crises in a calm, thorough, and efficient
- Demonstrated maturity, sound judgment, integrity, and
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate appropriately, support
decisions in a team environment, and show initiative and follow
through. Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum age of 21.
- Covid Vaccinated
- Commitment to the aims and purposes of the Girl Scout movement,
including belief in the importance of the organization in our
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, the goals, objectives
and desired outcomes of the Girl Scout movement.
- Commitment to, and understanding of, the importance of being a
professional role model.
- Valid Arizona driver's license, insurance, a proven safe
driving record (39 month MVR), and reliable transportation.
- Experience working with computers and Microsoft Office
- Maintain current membership in the Girl Scouts of the
- Must be willing to learn and use the competencies essential to
GSACPC's theory of change models and learning organization culture.
Required Education and Experience:
- Prior work experience in property maintenance preferably for
non-profit youth or other large organization.
- First Aid or OSHA10-hour certification or willingness to obtain
such certifications. Physical Demands:
- Good physical condition, including the ability to lift more
than 50 pounds without difficulty.
- Ability to walk, run, climb ladders, and do other physical work
outdoors in adverse climates for hours at a time.PI183105763
Keywords: Girls Scouts - Arizona Cactus Pine Council, Phoenix , Facilities Tech / Maintenance Staff, Professions , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!