IV Technician II, 503B
Posted on: November 23, 2021
IV Technician II, 503BUS-AZ-PhoenixJob ID: 2021-19567Type:
Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category: PharmacyCAPS
PhoenixOverviewCAPS -, the nation's largest network of outsourcing
admixture pharmacies, has been delivering high-quality, same-day,
admixture services and solutions to hospitals and outpatient
facilities for more than 28 years. Along with the nation's largest
503A sterile injectable outsourcing network, CAPS offers
industry-leading batch compounding on a national scale through
three 503B registered outsourcing facilities. With experience,
capacity, and a passion for safety, CAPS is your 503B solution.CAPS
is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the
U.S.ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary:Prepares compounded sterile
products and performs related activities under the direction of a
pharmacist.Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Prepares compounded sterile products using aseptic
- Assists in the set up of the compounding room, equipment, and
supplies for preparation of compounded sterile solutions, using
- Performs general cleaning and maintenance duties as
- Participates in cleanroom product introduction activities
ensuring cleanroom is supplied.
- Assists in training/mentoring of new IV Technicians as
- Participates and drives special projects/assignments.
- Subject matter expect for cleanroom processes.
- Working with Cleanroom Pharmacist, the Technician II 503B
performs compounding process checks of compounding
- Participates in and delivers training as required
- As determined by supervisor.Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of IV products and compounding procedures.
- Knowledge of proper gowning procedure and aseptic
- General knowledge of USP 797 and cGMP's.
- Ability to perform pharmacy calculations and adhere to policies
- Ability to assist in training of new IV Technician
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB).
- Technician registration/license where required.
- Certificate from accredited school in states where
- Minimum of one year experience in preparation of compounded
- CAPS work history demonstrates compliance with Standard
Operating Procedures (SOP) and proven history of reliability to
complete processes as directed.
- Must be able to communicate message timely and
- Effective communication skills.While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or
hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or
feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.Braun offers an excellent benefits
package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition
reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety
healthcare products or view a listing of our employment
opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
www.bbraunusa.com..Through its "Sharing Expertise -" initiative, B.
Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of
healthcare products and services.All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy,
genetic information, or other legally protected
Keywords: CAPS, Phoenix , IV Technician II, 503B, Professions , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!