Company: Hillphoenix, Inc.
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Dover Food Retail (DFR) is a leading manufacturer of Display Cases,
Specialty Products, Refrigeration Systems, Power Systems and
Comprehensive Services; and leading our industry by Innovating
What's Next in glass doors and intelligent merchandising
technologies that keep food safe under brands such as HillPhoenix
DFR is part of the Refrigeration and Food Equipment segment of the
Dover Corporation(R) (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global
manufacturer with annual revenues in excess of $7 billion.
DFR is built on creativity and customer-centric innovation
delivered by people invigorated by a strong sense of responsibility
to help our customers win in their marketplaces. The relationships
we build with our customers are as important to our success as the
products we manufacture. This collaborative environment delivers
FRESH THINKING, reassuring our customers that they choose the best
when they choose to work with the people of Dover Food Retail.
Job Title: Estimator
Location: Phoenix, AZ
What we're looking for:
We are looking for an Estimator to assist local Construction team
and National level Project Management team with bidding
refrigeration installation and/or associated other trades (if
required). This will include but not limited to refrigeration
installation estimation for various supermarkets, industrial,
Corner stores, pharmaceutical, ice rinks etc. This position also
requires assisting in planning, development, pricing estimation,
implementation and tracking of various opportunities out for bid
with AMS leadership review.
What you'll be responsible for in this role:
* Understand the entire scope of the project for refrigeration's
scope of work (SOW) and associated trades.
* Prepare a write the request for proposal with contractors that
has the SOW for the Program Management team; complete the technical
documentation, gather work items needed, prepare work estimation
sheet for AMS leadership to review, and prepare customer file
folders for each program).
* Create and maintain the detailed project SOW which identifies and
sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the
* Review and interpret refrigeration/EMS set of site-specific
* Review the SOW, Cost budget and PM schedule with Program
Managers/ Construction Manager and all other staff that will be
affected by the project; revise as required.
* Review of Contractor quotations to ensure scope requirements are
met, review of exclusion and cost structure is competitive. Then
recommended for approval.
* Work with Customers, Architects, Engineers, GC's,
Sub-Contractors, internal team to clarify any scope/plan questions
from review and for bids.
* Estimating the resources (time, money, material, sub-contractors,
equipment, rental etc.) required to complete the project.
* Sourcing and evaluating bids from Refrigeration contractors
nationwide based on the project/program level SOW.
* Tracking outgoing bids for follow up & upcoming opportunities for
management team review.
* Complete Refrigeration/EMS material take off for site specific
plan, as needed.
* Complete task specific installation labor hours required for
refrigeration/EMS for site specific plans.
* Develop a cost budget to meet estimated margin for
* Complete HP project estimation form and proposals for site
* Review weekly customer and GC Websites and Portals for bid
* Submit proposals to Customers or Sales team based on the bid
* Prepare & submit Job Set up forms on award projects to Project
* Meets or exceed financial objectives by forecasting requirements,
preparing budgets, scheduling expenditures, identifying and
implementing efficiencies, analyzing variances; initiating
* Assist with enhance client relationship through proactive and
positive communication, and by recognizing and delivering on client
key issues and expectations.
* Assist with client relationship and recognize future business
* Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting
ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring
opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
What are the basic qualifications:
* Three (3) or more years of experience in project estimation, HVAC
refrigeration, or equivalent skill sets.
What are the preferred qualifications:
* BA or BS degree in Mechanical/Construction or other engineering
education program desired, but not required
To be a great fit for this role:
* Refrigeration knowledge and background is must.
* Ability to read and interpret construction building and
* Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure
that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with
these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
* Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner
using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
Proficient in reading construction blue prints, specifications and
* Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the
organization and to create new opportunities.
* Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals,
resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational
* Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the
best interest of the organization.
* Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks,
and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests
of the organization.
* Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards
goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
* Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals,
create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and
* Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process
relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make
recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
* Must be capable of reading, writing and speaking the English
language effectively. Spanish is a plus, but not required.
* Must be able to communicate information and instructions in
writing to members of the organization and third parties,
* Must be able to work with large dollar amounts and be able to
add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using
whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute
rate, ratio, and percent with the ability to draw and interpret bar
graphs and tracking documents.
* Must understand the necessity for maintaining accurate & current
files related to assigned projects, customers and sales team. Must
have good problem resolution skills to make decisions related to
customer issues. Follow up and follow through are critical elements
in this position.
* Must be capable of communicating effectively and expeditiously
while maintaining professional conduct with all levels of the
organization as well as third parties.
* Employee will have access to Company confidential information and
must be responsible enough to protect such information.
* Employee must be an experienced user of Microsoft Office software
(Outlook (e-mail), Excel, Word and PowerPoint), capable of learning
other personal computer applications (Maxwell).
* In performing the duties of this position, the employee is
frequently required to sit and talk or listen.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other
factors prohibited by law.
Keywords: Hillphoenix, Inc., Phoenix , Project Estimator, Professions , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!