Senior Digital Staff Engineer
Company: CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Would you like to work multi-functionally to drive innovation at a
100+ year-old brand? Are you looking for a caring company that is
committed to exceptional service? If so, be part of a community
that works at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer, in our Glendale,
AZ office.While we?ve been named a ?best place to work,? our
proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA
members. Through our commitment to service, growth and our people,
CSAA Insurance Group will create AAA members for life by fulfilling
our promise to be there when they need us.Why join us?
- Impact. Join us in reinventing CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA
Insurer and deliver solutions across 23 states and the District of
Columbia. Work and learn alongside your Team Members at start-up
speed and agility to create real and meaningful change
- Recognition. We offer a competitive total compensation package
including base salary, both annual and long-term lucrative
performance bonuses, benefits, and 401(k) Company match with
additional discretionary contribution potential.
- Lifestyle. We do honorable work, and we practice our values:
respect, integrity, teamwork, and serviceWhat you?ll do:
- Be a lead technical resource on the Digital Engineering team,
building CSAA?s next generation of customer facing web & mobile
- Deliver durable, high-quality software in a fast-paced
- Work in support of multiple agile release trains, epics and
scrum teams providing technical oversight and leadership to
embedded software engineers.
- Provide technical analysis, design, code, and automate in
support of program and project deliverables.
- Participate in estimation sessions, design sessions,
implementation plans, and resolve technical issues as needed.
- Deliver clear, pragmatic solutions with applicability to meet
immediate business needs.
- Contribute to code reviews, ensuring appropriate unit test
coverage is in place.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Assist team in achieving high degrees of automation using well
established DevOps and Agile practices.
- Ensure that technical solutions are aligned with Enterprise
Architecture and applications and systems are built for
uninterrupted availability, meet performance requirements, future
extensibility, multiple system integrations, long-term growth and
- Ensure that technical and quality standards are enforced
throughout the software development lifecycle.?
- Mentor and coach more junior engineers and assist in onboarding
of new team members.
- Advocate technical direction, define best practices and
principles for Digital Engineering.
- Work close functionally with other teams including
Integrations, Policy Administration, Claim Administration, and
Product to drive strategic business capabilities.What you?ve done:
- Demonstrated understanding of Digital technologies including
- Experience using code analysis tools such as PMD, Checkstyle,
Findbugs, and Sonar
- Experience designing and implementing Single Page
- Experience working with Continuously Deployed applications
- Experience consuming RESTful web services
- Experience with web optimization techniques
- Experience in building applications deployed in AWS
- Effectively manage priorities, deliverables and timelines with
little need for escalation.
- Provide technical leadership to drive the continued adoption of
DevOps and cloud enterprise solutions.
- Drive best practices in Site Reliability Engineering and insure
Secure, Scalable, Performant, and Highly Available Service.
- Relentlessly introduce new ways of improving & scaling digital
- Identify, plan, and implement improvements to
deployment/release pipelines.What you?ll need to succeed:
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in building web & mobile
- Demonstrated mastery of software development best practices,
including code standards, cod reviews, source control mgt, build
processes, testing, and operations.
- Working experience of Cloud architectures, services, and DevOps
practices within AWS.
- Strong customer relationship, interpersonal, analytical, and
- Outstanding oral, written, presentation and listening
- Effective decision-making skills, even under pressure and while
lacking all of the desired information detail.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments,
- Experience with highly transactional account and payment
- Experience supporting complex systems with significant
integration points and external Third Party systems through
- Ability to work within shifting priorities and tight
timelines.CSAA Insurance Group offers many benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage
including benefits coverage for domestic partners. Company
contributions into a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- 401(k) plus company matching dollar for dollar up to 6% and a
cash balance retirement program.
- Company paid employee assistance plan and health support
- Award-winning wellness programs including free onsite fitness
- Paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parent and
paid adoption leave.
- Two weeks paid military leave.
- Paid time off, plus ten paid holidays and 24 hours of paid time
off to volunteer.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training, career
development and mentorship opportunities.Be part of a community
that worksAt CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our
values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and
satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the
integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday
interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives,
backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it
comes to helping our members, community or one
another.Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community
also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and
Oklahoma.Let?s work togetherWe are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer, Phoenix , Senior Digital Staff Engineer, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!