Avionics Systems Engineer - 4003
Company: Millennium Engineering and Integration Company
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Millennium Engineering and Integration (Millennium) is seeking a
Full-Time Avionics Systems Engineer in the Phoenix, AZ area. The
position supports the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) at Los
Angeles Air Force Base. The candidate will support the avionics
engineering responsibilities of the non-recurring design validation
of New Entrant Launch Service Providers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze new entrant launch vehicle avionics subsystems for
compliance with certification design, test, and performance
- Coordinates requirements verification with Manufacturing and
Quality Assurance team members
- Support development and execution of engineering certification
- Develop technical and risk assessments of launch vehicle avionics
- Capture, update, and resolve risks, issues, risk mitigation
plans, and data requests supporting technical reviews
- Interfaces with certification representatives to include USAF,
Government, New Entrant, FFRDC, and other Government agencies
- Applies company quality assurance requirements to all
certification products, reports, and reviews.
- Assist in conducting major systems engineering reviews (SRR, PDR,
CDR, etc) and developing summary packages
- Lead development and implementation of audit plans for launch
vehicle avionics components
- Perform assessments and analyses of Launch Vehicle Provider's
avionics designs and production processes
- Other Duties as Assigned
- 10+ years of experience in avionics launch vehicle/space vehicle
sub-system and systems engineering.
- BS degree in Engineering, Math, or Physical Sciences; will
consider less experience in lieu of advanced degrees (8 years with
- Systems Engineering experience in development of launch vehicle
and/or space vehicle systems
- Experience conducting and assessing systems engineering reviews
such as SRR, PDR, CDR, SDR, etc.
- Experience in space systems avionics. which may include Guidance,
Navigation, Control, and/or flight software
- Experience interfacing with computer-based database and schedule
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Some CONUS travel required
- U.S. Citizenship required
Education: Minimum education: Bachelor's degree in Electrical
Engineering; Preferred education: Master's degree in Electrical
Knowledge: Firm working knowledge of concepts, practices and
procedures and ability to use in varied situations.
Work experience: 10-15 years
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does
not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law
including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled
veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion,
compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy
to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the
basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.
Keywords: Millennium Engineering and Integration Company, Phoenix , Avionics Systems Engineer - 4003, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!