Posted on: October 13, 2019
PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for consistently executing the Process Excellence (PX)
strategy within a CoSA or across the Enterprise. Works with a team
of subject matter experts in the identification and execution of
process improvement projects that sustainably improve member and
employee experiences while enhancing overall association
performance. This position requires leadership, change management
and technical competence.
We are currently seeking a talented Black Belt for either San
Antonio or Phoenix.
* Lead Process Improvement projects that deliver measurable
* Builds commitment to business process management and improvement
through a focus on effective process development, integrated
project/change management and implementation.
* Analyzes and identify process improvement opportunities and
partner with key stakeholders to scope and ensure alignment with
* Serves as a technical leader in the deployment of Process
Excellence through the application of process improvement
methodologies (Six Sigma, LEAN, and basic problem solving).
Trains, coaches, and mentors all employees, to include Green Belts.
* Works with stakeholders to ensure projects achieve intended
results, where risks are proactively identified and mitigated, and
benefits are validated.
* Provides expertise and share best practices regarding Process
Improvement tools, methodologies, and team leadership.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or
related field. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the
minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
* 2 or more years of direct supervisory experience or leading
various projects of equivalent length and complexity
* 8 or more years professional business experience with 4 or years
process improvement work experience.
* Strong, proven experience with leadership, business acumen,
problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills in
financial services or other highly regulated industry.
* Expert-level ability to influence and affect change at all levels
of the organization.
* Solid track record in leading and managing teams, to deliver
* Green Belt certified.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
* Black Belt certification, or higher, which required successful
implementation of a process related project that solved a business
problem/improved business performance.
* Collections/Default Servicing experience
* General understanding of Business Risk and Controls
* Experience working in a regulated environment
* Experience working in the Banking or Financial Industry.
* Military experience.
* Excellent verbal or written communication/presentation skills.
Experience presenting to executive leadership.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in
the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.
RELOCATION assistance is AVAILABLE for this position.
FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or
date of placement) or must have manager s approval prior to
LAST DAY FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES TO APPLY TO THE OPENING IS
10/15/19 BY 11:59 PM CST TIME.
USAA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and
gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other
legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information
about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click
here. For USAA s Affirmative Action and EEO statement, please click
here. Furthermore, USAA makes hiring decisions compliant with the
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (LAMC 189.00).
USAA provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals with
disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable
accommodation, please email HumanResources@usaa.com or call
1-800-210-USAA and select option 3 for assistance.
Keywords: USAA, Phoenix , Black Belt, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!