College to Claims - Entry-Level Adjuster
Posted on: April 24, 2019
PURPOSE OF JOB
We are currently seeking talented Entry-Level Adjusters (Property
or Non-Injury Auto) for our Phoenix contact center for future
opportunities in 2019. Please note that our office located in the
Northwest Valley at One Norterra Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85085.
Come join our award-winning team! USAA was recently recognized by
Forbes as one of the Best Employers in the U.S. and FORTUNE
magazine highlighted us as one of the World's Most Admired
Companies . We are proud to consistently receive outstanding awards
and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial
strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core
values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the
foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how
we treat each other.
As an Entry-Level Adjuster (Property or Non-Injury Auto) for USAA,
you will investigate, evaluate, negotiate and adjust low to
moderately complex claims presented by or against our insureds to
confirm coverage, determine legal liability and equitably
settle/defend in compliance with all state regulatory requirements.
You will work under direct supervision to perform routine work
assignments and problem resolution. You will recognize life events,
understand member's needs and provide advice to deliver appropriate
solutions to the member. This position is in the contact center
environment and does not require any travel or work outside the
Click on link below to watch USAA Claims Careers Spotlight:
* Provides claims service via internal channels
(phone/fax/email/mail) to members and third-party customers.
* Adjusts low to moderately complex Auto or Property claims.
* Acquires and applies basic knowledge of Property & Casualty
insurance industry products, services, and processes to include
P&C insurance policy contracts and coverages and the USAA claim
handling process and procedures.
* Seeks guidance from team members to resolve issues and identify
appropriate issues for escalation.
* Partners with and/or directs vendors and internal business
partners to facilitate claims resolution.
* Contributes to business goals, performance metrics, and
effectively uses tools & technology.
* Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe operations as needed
to include working significant overtime during designated
* Full schedule availability is needed Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30
* Training includes New Employee Orientation, Licensing, Enterprise
Knowledge, Pipeline training and On-the-job-training.
* Licensing training is provided. You must pass a licensing exam
and have the ability to become licensed in all applicable states.
USAA will provide the study and training environment to assist you
with the licensing exam.
* Employees must successfully complete a training program. USAA
training programs include classroom instruction, computer-based
lessons, and instructor-led activities with systems
* Employees attending training are expected to meet USAA's
established standards for performance, attendance and conduct.
* Property Claims Adjuster; Full schedule availability to work a 5
day, 40-hour work week between Sunday Saturday, 8:00AM 7:30PM.
* Non-Injury Auto Claims Adjuster; Full schedule availability to
work a 5 day, 40-hour work week Monday Friday, 11:00AM 7:30PM.
* Schedules are based upon business needs
* A 30% shift premium pay applies to work hours scheduled after
6:00 PM, Monday-Friday and weekends
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Up to 1 year of customer contact experience
* This position will require an Insurance Adjuster's license. You
must pass a licensing exam and have the ability become licensed in
all applicable states. USAA will provide the study and training
environment to assist you with the licensing exam.
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor s degree with an expected
graduation date of May 2019 or graduated with a Bachelor's degree
within the last 24 months.
* Bachelor s degree
* 6+ months of claims adjusting experience or 1 year of recent USAA
customer service experience working in a member contact capacity or
* 2 years of customer service experience
* Experience in an inbound phone-intensive, contact center
environment using a headset
* Computer literacy in a Windows operation environment
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
RELOCATION assistance is NOT AVAILABLE for this position.
USAA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and
gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other
legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information
about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click
here. For USAA s Affirmative Action and EEO statement, please click
here. Furthermore, USAA makes hiring decisions compliant with the
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (LAMC 189.00).
USAA provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals with
disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable
accommodation, please email HumanResources@usaa.com or call
1-800-210-USAA and select option 3 for assistance.
Keywords: USAA, Phoenix , College to Claims - Entry-Level Adjuster, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!