Company: West Pharmaceutical Services
Posted on: October 12, 2018
West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products. Working by the side of its customers from concept to patient, West creates products that promote the efficiency, reliability and safety of the world's pharmaceutical drug supply. West is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, and supports its customers from locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. West's 2016 sales of $1.5 billion reflect the daily use of approximately 112 million of its components and devices, which are designed to improve the delivery of healthcare to patients around the world.
This is a temp to hire position.
Performs labor along a production line. Operates, inspects, and troubleshoots production line machinery and /or assemblies. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Visually inspects, ensures, and assembles parts in process to quality specifications, being aware of critical visual and dimensional defects and determines acceptability of the parts, based on customer specifications.
- Assures accuracy of product packaging and tractability as required, including generating labels, the correct labeling of containers, and accurate part count.
- Operates and maintains production auxiliary equipment utilizing the correct safety precautions.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe workstation and environment at all times.
- Communicates with Production leadership regarding any unacceptable parts and any malfunctions of the production process within their workstation.
- Checks apart counts by weighing and ensuring that scale(s) are set for accuracy.
- Follows all applicable SOPs, GMPs, and DOIs.
- Contributes to continuous process improvement efforts to reduce scrap, cycle times, improve efficiency, and eliminate waste within the production environment.
- Provides a Customer Service attitude when interacting with internal and external customer while accomplishing work, production, and achieving quality standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
- Education or Equivalent Experience: High School or equivalent
- Experience: 0-3 years of experience
- Prior manufacturing experience
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Medical Device manufacturing requires strict adherence to standards. Working environment is a manufacturing facility, which houses plastic injection molding machines. Must tolerate fumes and particulate generated from various plastics. Work areas are equipped with adequate lighting, cooling/heating and equipment that are in a good working condition. Must work constructively in an environment that may be stressful due to competing resources while at all times maintaining company confidentiality.
- Must be able to work scheduled work week, plus overtime and/or irregular hours as required to complete assignments. May stand or sit for extended periods of time. Must transport oneself to and from other areas of the facility and travel to other divisions when necessary. Must have good visual acuity. If specifically necessitated by customer requirements, must be able to see with or without corrective lenses and distinguish color differences for product and safety issues.
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.
Keywords: West Pharmaceutical Services, Phoenix , Operator/Assembler, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!