AZ 2019 Internship
Company: Okland Construction
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Title: - AZ 2019 Internship Location: Tempe, AZ Salary Type: Hourly Desired Years Experience: 0-1 Position Summary: What does an internship look like to you? Do you see yourself building relationships and skills to jumpstart your career before you graduate? Are you looking for a company that is willing to invest in you from Day 1 providing you tasks and resources allowing you to contribute as a full time employee? If so, Okland is absolutely the place for you! We will give you back 100% of the drive, opportunity and commitment you demonstrate to us! You are in charge of your career at Okland and we are here to guide your success along the way. Okland internships provide an array of experiences and possibilities to explore as you learn more about your career interests. We will ensure we create a remarkable experience for you and enable you to do the same for the owners, subcontractors, employees and community you will work with. Our vision for every intern is to create a remarkable experience for all interns and project teams by planning for, investing in and securing the best talent in the market to keep us as leaders in our industry. Required Tasks
- Maintain the electronic project folders as requested by the project manager
- Maintain and updates project drawings, both electronic and hard copy
- Provide the required up-to-date copies of drawings and specifications to subcontractors
- Ensure that the project site and construction activities are being constantly documented in writing and especially in photos
- Provide clerical activities, as needed, with particular project staffing Additional Tasks In an effort to provide a rich internship experience, the items below are additional tasks that you may be involved with depending on your project availability.
- Assist with project layout and control
- Assist with production reporting as applicable
- Assist with safety program as directed by superintendent (e.g., present new worker orientation, keep bulletin boards current, present tool box talk,etc.)
- Calculate concrete quantities and update concrete logs
- Assist with weekly project reports
- Attend weekly subcontractor meetings
- Assist with concrete lift drawings
- Update schedules with superintendent
- Assist with field purchasing
- Assist with equipment maintenance logs
- Monitor rental equipment logs
- Work on form work crew
- Work on concrete placement and/or finish crew
- Assist with weekly project progress photos
- Supervise specific subcontract trade
- Participate in SWPPP inspections and compliance
- Prepare quantity takeoffs for change requests
- Maintain digital as-built document library, including B3F
- Attend PSR meeting
- Assist with permits and inspections
- Assist with shop drawings/submittal reviews
- Assist with monthly owner pay applications
- Assist with weekly/monthly project reports
- Review job cost report basics with project manager
- Assist and update procurement logs
- Review LEED documentation and process submittal
- Attend a bid delivery/bid opening Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee may also occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision. The employee is also required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
Hazards: May be exposed to extremes of heat and cold as well as certain unsafe environments; occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and electrical equipment; possible exposure to fumes or airborne particles; possible exposure to internal liquids. This is a safety sensitive position where a momentary lapse of attention can result in serious injury or death. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally very loud. Must follow all safety requirements carefully. OKLAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON ANY PROTECTED CLASS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO RACE, GENDER, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AND GENDER IDENTITY. Required Documents Message: AAP, Arizona A-4, Correspondence, Employment Application, I-9, Introduction Questions, Pre-employment Test Consent Form
Keywords: Okland Construction, Phoenix , AZ 2019 Internship, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!