Coatings Furnace Operator
Company: Allied Reliability
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Dry hone parts as needed, operate furnaces to heat treat aerospace
components, read, check and complete proper documentation for each
Coatings Furnace Operator I Duties:
- Load and unload furnaces, read and check furnace charts.
- Pack and unpack parts in retorts.
- Must understand where coating samples are placed in coating
runs and perform duty.
- Dry hone components.
- Complete log books accurately and thoroughly.
- Change thermocouples as needed.
- Sift and blend powders to create new powder(s).
- Provide coating samples to the Metallurgy lab with accurate
- Obtain coating cycles from the Metallurgy lab.
- Document travelers correctly after operations have been
- Follow and utilize lean manufacturing principles.
- Maintain, implement and improve 5-S Principles.
- Perform general departmental housekeeping.
- Sustain production standards and quality.
- Regular attendance and punctuality required.
- Adhere to and promote Corporate Code of Ethical Standards.
- Ensure compliance with Company IPM/QPM and ISO quality
requirements along with NADCAP.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Vacuum coating powder from behind sifters and V-blenders as
- Assist in surveying when needed.
- Ability to accurately read and monitor furnace charts and
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to read, interpret and understand work in-process
- Knowledge of chemicals powders processing required
- Ability to transfer information and data accurately
- Basic computer knowledge
- Self-motivated with a high level of ownership and
- Provides accurate feedback to the department supervisor
pertaining to quality issues
- Lean skills continually drives process improvement.
- Must be fluent in English, i.e. speaking, reading, writing
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass various tests including annual furnace
- Must perform duties correctly and meet performance standards
within first six (6) months of position and become a certified
working furnace operator
- Move loaded retorts (up to 35 lbs) onto grids of furnace
- Lift parts on and off small heat-treat furnace
- Carry components (10-35 lbs) at waist level up to an
approximate distance of 10 feet
- Proper usage of die jack and following of company safety
procedures when lifting items in excess of 35 lbs
- Items weighing more than 35 lbs (when equipment cannot be
used), employees are required to have assistance moving items
Keywords: Allied Reliability, Phoenix , Coatings Furnace Operator, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...