Company: McLane Company
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Impact teammate's lives by assisting them with skill building,
career growth, and other professional development and training.
Implement division operations training via stand-up facilitation,
workshops, -eLearning, coaching, and OJT. Provide non-operational
training to staff as required.
- Day 1 Benefits available: medical, dental, and vision
insurance, FSA/HSA and company-paid life insurance. -
- 401(k) with annual company match.
- Paid holidays, vacation time, sick leave accrual, college
tuition reimbursement, and more! -
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide just-in-time training solutions aligned with Division
business goals and teammate learning needs.
- Work with leadership to identify learning gaps through
formal/informal needs analysis and observation, and in
collaboration with the L&OD team
- Provide performance consulting: determine, by training needs
analysis/root cause analysis, whether the performance gaps are
training-related or system issues and pursue an effective
- Consult with the L&OD team to recommend and deliver
learning or other systemic interventions to improve productivity in
- Use a variety of training-retention methods, including skills
checks, mentoring, and developing the training skills of on-the-job
trainers and subject matter experts.
- Work with Leadership and Organizational Development (L&OD)
team to deliver Train-the-Trainer sessions for Operations and
Transportation department trainers.
- Create training materials and/or act as subject-matter expert
in curriculum development projects led by the Leadership &
Organizational Development Team.
- Work with the L&OD Team to implement training via
Electronic Learning Management system (ELM), the company's Learning
- Maintain accurate records of all training activities in the
company Learning Management System (ELM).
- Ensure accuracy in reporting of teammate assignments, Safety
Training completion rates, and audit requirements.
- Generate and distribute learning reports and hoc reports as
requested during Division audits and assist with interpretation of
- Participate in Safety Committee meetings to determine training
- Provide training support to meet all regulatory and safety
compliance required by DOT, OSHA, and company best
- Conduct routine route rides and warehouse days with
teammates/Drivers to provide reinforce operations
- Contribute regularly to internal communication efforts (i.e.,
division newsletter, Merit Magazine articles, etc.) to ensure
consistency in training.
- Assist newly-hired teammates in becoming proficient in their
- Collaborate with the L&OD team to design and support career
development and individual development plans and other employee
- Participate in train-the-trainer skill-building events as
- Execute other projects and initiatives to support the HR team
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred. (5 or more years of experience, in
lieu of a degree)
- 3 years experience and working knowledge of learning and
development, preferably in a warehouse environment.
- Demonstrate solid communication skills (verbal and written)
required for conductions training sessions, OJT/one-on-one
training, and communication with organizational
- Strong working knowledge of office software (Word, Excel,
- Working knowledge of a Learning Management System (ELM in
- Familiar with warehouse and transportation operations,
technology, and software preferred.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center
and occasionally working inside a tractor and trailer.
- Meet the required needs of the Distribution Center schedule to
train all shifts depending on the customer and operational
requirements of the division.
Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in
accordance with applicable laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: McLane Company, Phoenix , Training Generalist, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...