Child Development Home Visitor
Company: Southwest Human Development Inc
Location: El Mirage
Posted on: March 20, 2023
A positive future for every child Do you love to meet new people
and want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join
Arizona's largest nonprofit dedicated to early childhood
development. Southwest Human Development is seeking Home Visitors
to empower and impact families for generations in our Healthy
Families Program. This role provides home visiting services to
children and their families in Maricopa County. Watch this Short
Video to learn more about the role. Your skills, experience, and
passion are needed at one of the nation's largest nonprofits
dedicated to early childhood development. Join our team and
experience a long-term career which brings joy and satisfaction in
knowing you make a difference. We offer over 40 programs and
services to more than 140,000 children. Why choose us?
- You can make an impact in a child's life by promoting child
health and development.
- You can be the person a family remembers as making a difference
in their lives.
- You help families get connected to appropriate community
- We focus on your ongoing professional development and overall
- We have a supportive and collaboration environment.
- We have great benefits, including zero contribution health plan
options, wellness programming and ample time off (including one
week fully compensated office closure for winter break.)
- Opportunities for program bonuses. Job title: Healthy Families
Family Support Specialist Learn more about Healthy Families Job
description: This role provides home visiting services to children
and their families in Maricopa County. You will work with families
in their home and deliver services in a fun, engaging, and
supportive way to help build stronger families and happy kids.
Program details: Healthy Families is a home visitation program that
supports pregnant women and families with newborns to promote child
health and development, enhance parent-child relationships, improve
school readiness and increase family self-sufficiency. Watch this
video to see the impact of the program from a family's perspective.
In this role you will:
- Implement the Healthy Families model and curriculum with
fidelity and follow all program and agency policies and
- Conduct visits in a family's home and maintain a caseload of
- Complete accurate and timely documentation including electronic
family records and billing reports.
- Attend and participate in required virtual and/or in-person
trainings and program meetings.
- Build and maintain relationships with community agencies and
partners to share program information and learn about resources
available for families.
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement activities.
- Engage in community outreach activities.
- Administer screenings for parents and children.
- Celebrate little and big successes along the way and be
passionate about seeing children and families thrive. If you don't
think you can meet every qualification below, we still encourage
you to apply. We value both current experience and future
potential! What it takes:
- High School Diploma and 3 years of child development home
visiting experience, OR Associates degree with experience in early
childhood (such as: home visitation, child welfare, prevention,
child development, family dynamics) OR Bachelors degree in related
- Experience working with culturally and linguistically diverse
- Attention to detail with ability to perform assignments and job
responsibilities efficiently, accurately and in a timely
- Valid Arizona Driver's License
- Registered vehicle with valid auto insurance.
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card - OR - must qualify
for a valid Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card. Learn
more Our core values embody Southwest Human Development's
commitment to services that uplift the lives of children, families
and other care providers, and the communities in which they live.
These values are intended to guide the professional development,
ethical conduct, and skilled practice of all our staff, whatever
their specific role within the agency. All staff are valued as
making essential contributions to strengthening the foundation that
Arizona's children need for a great start in life. Learn more about
our values and benefits here . Education Preferred
- Associates or better in Early Childhood Education or related
field Licenses & Certifications Required
- Driver's License Skills Preferred
- Time Management
- Cultural SensitivityEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Southwest Human Development Inc, Phoenix , Child Development Home Visitor, Other , El Mirage, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...