Company: Robert Half
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Robert Half Technology is seeking System Engineer candidates for our Phoenix-based clients! A successful System Engineer provides the business knowledge and technical expertise to implement strategies, evaluate products, and build upon an infrastructure that supports the ever-changing needs. In this role, you will work with complex systems, designing, developing, and integrating them at every stage of its life cycle.
Other essential functions of this position include:
- Communicate with stakeholders to identify what they want a system to accomplish
- Use expert-level administration and optimization of hosts and servers to ensure high availability and appropriate resource management
- Standardize and automate processes and monitoring using scripting technology
- Install and configure operating systems, software, and hardware components, and clearly document the design, maintenance, and support procedures for routine tasks to leverage IT support staff
- Routinely test software for bugs, redundancies, and security issues
- Conduct high-level root-cause analysis for service interruption and establish preventive measures
- Create reports and documentation outlining findings and solutions; oversee the overall backup strategy and daily operations for secure backups and restore testing
Some of the position's requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in technology or computer science
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, active directories, virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery, and caching
- Experience in project management, application design and integration, and cloud computing (specifically Microsoft Azure)
- Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems
- Knowledge of Git or other version control
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do. -
Robert Half is the world's first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Keywords: Robert Half, Phoenix , Systems Engineer, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
here to apply!