Company: State of Arizona
Posted on: March 19, 2023
DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC SECURITY
Your Partner For A Stronger Arizona.
DES works with families, community organizations, advocates and state and federal partners to realize our collective vision that every child, adult, and family in Arizona will be safe and economically secure.
DES serves more than 3 million Arizonans. Our Mission is to make Arizona stronger by helping Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance for those in need, and care for the vulnerable.
Division of Benefits and Medical Eligibility
Address: 3150 East Union Hills Drive, Phoenix, Arizona 85050
Closing Date: 03/07/2023
Are you ready to make a difference in someone's life? Are you ready for a rewarding full-time position (40 hours per week) with comprehensive paid training, and great benefits? As an Eligibility Interviewer, you will determine eligibility for Arizonans in need of Nutrition Assistance (NA), Medical Assistance (MA), and Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF). If you are passionate about making Arizona stronger by helping Arizonans reach their full potential, we want to see you join our team!!! This position is not a remote position.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
* Provide customer service in a fast-paced local office environment
* Collect and gather information to conduct interviews to make eligibility determinations for medical, food, and financial assistance
* Complete the application process, while entering data on a computer and accessing multiple screens
* Verify client information by interacting with internal and external customers, and federal, state, and local entities
* Adhere to agency standards in a high-volume local office, measured by metrics and standards related to service levels, accuracy, and timeliness
* Commit to ongoing learning of program policies and procedures and the ability to apply them accordingly
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
* Must have a High School diploma or GED equivalent.
* Must have one year of direct customer service experience in person or on the phone.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
* Career Advancement & Employee Development Opportunities
* Flexible schedules to create a work/life balance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Stipend Opportunities
* Infant at Work Program
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Life and Disability Insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State-sponsored retirement contribution plan, and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS-defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines, and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact Shannon Anguiano at 480-876-0851 or ShannonAnguiano@azdes.gov.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 480-876-0851 or ShannonAnguiano@azdes.gov. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC SECURITY
Keywords: State of Arizona, Phoenix , Eligibility Interviewer, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
here to apply!