Admissions Advisor - Grand Canyon University
Company: Grand Canyon Education, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Join us at Grand Canyon Education and begin a career in helping
Nursing students succeed! We are looking for a motivated Admission
Advisor to oversee the student admission process as part of this
unique, mixed remote and in-office opportunity. Starting salary is
$40,000 per year.
Who you are:
You are a self-motivated person who is passionate about the power
of education. Over the years, you've demonstrated success in
customer service, consultative sales, or account management. You
aren't afraid to hustle to make it happen for your students and
You know it's not all about achieving personal goals. While that
does get you excited, what you really thrive on is using your
exceptional communication and conversational skills to help others
achieve theirs. You have no problem working autonomously or within
a team and look forward to professionally developing and growing in
a supportive, goal-oriented environment.
Now is the time to bring your talent to Grand Canyon Education,
where you'll have the opportunity to play an integral role in
providing college students the roadmap for success, from the moment
they ask for information through their first day of class. Here's a
taste of how you'll make your mark as an Admission Advisor with
As an Admission Advisor, a typical week might include the
- Heart and Hustle. This role has you working from home or in the
office so you have to be able work autonomously to a get tasks done
efficiently and effectively. You will also be working with
empathetic leadership that understands and treats you as a person,
not a number - and we expect you will treat your students the
- Organized and flexible. Your ability to adapt and pivot while
remaining organized will keep you on top of your day as you manage
phone calls, emails, meetings, trainings, and coaching sessions.
Leveraging your unmatched work ethic with our technological tools
and your team's willingness to chip in will allow you to end each
day feeling accomplished.
- Collaborator and influencer. Through a variety of mediums, you
will use your passion for serving others to provide exceptional
counseling to prospective students. Whether in-person, over the
phone, or via email, you will champion the University mission,
promoting student success and institutional enrollment growth.
The role might be right for you if you have:
- A bachelor's degree required. Don't have a degree? Ask about
our degree requirement and employee education benefits.
- Outstanding time management skills. In this role, you'll be
wearing many hats, so you'll need to show that not only have you
honed your time management skills, you also know how to prioritize
- Clear communication skills. You can explain just about anything
to anyone and you're comfortable communicating in-person, in
writing, and on the phone. You'll also need to communicate to your
team, leadership, and partner university while also developing your
- Self-motivated to learn & implement. You excel at learning from
mistakes and are driven to strategize how to shorten the learning
curve. You take ownership of the time you spend with your nursing
students and constantly absorb training and coaching on how to be
more effective for you, your university partnership, your team, and
- High emotional intelligence. In this role, you'll be coaching a
diverse range of prospective college students, each with unique
circumstances. You'll also have partner relationships to develop
and nurture. Ability to demonstrate empathy is key to success in
- Computer literacy. As part of a remote workforce, we rely on
several digital tools to help you execute your work and keep you
accountable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Bonus points if you have:
- Relevant, industry-related professional experience
- Experience working with CRM tools.
What we'll offer in return:
- A career where your work genuinely makes a difference
- A stable income with a good salary
- Tuition Benefits Program
- Extensive training with team and management support
- Structured professional development plans and
- Outstanding benefits and work perks
- Collaborative and supportive team environment. ...and
Keywords: Grand Canyon Education, Inc., Phoenix , Admissions Advisor - Grand Canyon University, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!