Company: Wounded Warrior Project
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the
things people look for in a job.But if you're the kind of person
who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation's
wounded warriors and their families, then you're exactly the kind
of person we're looking for. When you join Wounded Warrior Project,
you're committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to
you too - helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to
serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.At Wounded
Warrior Project we recognize our mission cannot be accomplished
without our talented teammates, which is why we're proud to offer
benefits such as:
- A flexible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days' work
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage for both teammates AND
- Competitive pay and performance incentives
- A fun, mission focused and collaborative team environmentA
mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you're ready to
get started, we're ready for you.The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP)
Outreach Specialist connects, serves, and empowers WWP Alumni and
Alumni family and family support members by assisting the WWP
Alumni program and Alumni team with outreach to wounded service
members and with planning and executing Alumni engagement events
and activities in an assigned local or regional area.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Connect with wounded service members, their families, and
family support members, who are in transition or have separated
from military service. Establish rapport with them and communicate
the benefits of WWP programs and services provided for wounded
- Recruit wounded warriors, family support members and other
support members to participate in WWP events and activities.
- Plan local or regional events and activities for the benefit of
Alumni and their families and encourage them to participate and
connect with other Alumni.
- Develop and facilitate virtual programming content via Zoom,
Facebook Live, and other technology-based platforms.
- Coordinate details for and execute these Alumni events and
activities, providing networking, camaraderie-building, and family
- Assess the needs of Alumni and connect them with WWP programs
and services that will assist with their long-term recovery and
- Identify community events and activities in the local and
regional area that will provide opportunities for warrior
participation and connection.
- Regularly communicate and network with wounded warriors,
serving as a resource and mentor.
- Establish effective working relationships and work
collaboratively with WWP teammates.
- Utilize expense controls and seek cost-saving opportunities to
help manage budget effectively.
- Support WWP by serving as local representative at events. Serve
as point-of-contact for WWP Alumni and their family members and ref
them to appropriate WWP programs, resources, or staff.
- Develop community support for WWP. Present WWP vision and
values to the community, communicating the benefits of WWP programs
and services, and inspire them to become involved with and support
the WWP vision.
- Maintain current and accurate data in WWP intranet electronic
tracking systems, e.g., SalesForce. Collect and report results and
performance metrics for Alumni events and activities.
- Develop and build relationships with military-focused nonprofit
organizations and community groups. Locate wounded warriors who
have not had contact with WWP and introduce WWP's programs and
- Serve as local WWP representative when collocated near Medical
Treatment Facilities or VA poly-trauma units and military
facilities where wounded service members receive treatment. Meet
warriors at bedside and work directly with them and their family
members to assist their recovery and transition process.
- Other related duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good presentation skills. Good public speaking skills.
Confident communicator with demonstrated ability to present
information effectively to groups and individuals.
- Demonstrated understanding of relationship management and
partnering. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport with veterans and their
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively
with diverse individuals and build effective working relationships.
Demonstrated emotional intelligence. Ability to respond to
sensitive matters with diplomacy and empathy.
- Demonstrated understanding of WWP programs and services offered
to wounded warriors.
- Good organizational and time management skills. Effectively
complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel in support of WWP programs and services.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Two years of experience developing and building relationships
with veterans, or veteran's or military organizations, or members
of the community.
- One year of experience with computer software, e.g., Microsoft
Word and Outlook.Preferences
- Three years of experience working with military or veteran
- Two years of experience planning events or community
- High school diploma or GED.Preferences
- Bachelor's degree.CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURERequirements
- Valid state-issued driver's license.WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL
- General office environment; temperature controlled
- Participation in outdoor activities and events under varying
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Up to 50% travel
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 50 pounds
*ca-cwWounded Warrior Project is an equal opportunity employer
committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship,
age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.Please note:
Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking assistance or accepting
unsolicited resumes from search firms without a written search
agreement in place. All resumes submitted by search firms to any
employee at Wounded Warrior Project via email, the Internet or
directly to hiring managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form
without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed
the sole property of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be
paid in the event the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project
as a result of the referral or through other means."
Keywords: Wounded Warrior Project, Phoenix , Outreach Specialist, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!