Company: Pacific Seafood Group
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Manage inventory levels and costing of all items responsible for
procuring. Coordinate logistics for inbound freight and provide
assistance to other buyers and inventory control. Obtain products
which meet or exceed company specifications at the lowest legal
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group
Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork)
and promote teamwork at all times.
- Manage and procure stock items assigned.
- Attend daily inventory meetings.
- Manage and communicate new and discontinued items, changes in
product and packaging technologies.
- Work with sales team to understand market conditions, analyze
competitive market activity, and assist in the development of sales
and market plans.
- Maintain cost fields in AS400 for stock and fillet items.
- Develop seasonal and annual merchandising programs.
- Develop weekly sales forecast with sales management and
purchase product to ensure stock and inventory requirements are
- Understand and use supplier lead times to maximize the
company's advantages in the marketplace.
- Ensure that product transport carriers adhere to committed
schedules for delivery and that carriers follow warehouse receiving
- Prepare PO's for receiving each day and supply to the Lead
Receiver attaching transportation instructions.
- Respond to Sales requests for research/source new products from
the sales personnel.
- Utilization of Product Request Form.
- Print and distribute daily fresh product information
- Track freight and confirm PO's for inbound shipments.
- Cross train with buyers and inventory control to help provide
- Update and bid on sheets.
- Handle various accounts in sales.
- Answer telephones.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Minimum four years related experience and/or training.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college
- Prior experience in the seafood industry.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Strong Computer skills in MS Office Suite, primarily Word and
At Pacific Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your
overall compensation package. When you add in the additional
benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your
total compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical,
prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company
profit sharing match
- Paid time off for all regular FT team members, to include paid
sick, vacation and personal time
- 7 paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional
counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge
to Team Members and immediate family members
- Product purchase program Associated topics: broker dealer,
brokerage, dow jones, fund, ira, invest, investor, security, s p,
Keywords: Pacific Seafood Group, Phoenix , Meat Buyer, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!