Electrical Industrial Project Administrator
Company: PCL Construction
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie
in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building
better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not
just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you
build a career you're proud of. PCL is a dynamic organization that
embraces innovation and continually looks ahead to what's next for
our industry and for our employees.
Here's how a(n) Electrical Industrial Project Coordinator for our
Bakersfield office contributes to our team:
- Performs quantity takeoffs and surveys to manage contract
progress and reporting.
- Communicate with and review trade contractor work (as per the
project schedule) and may provide day-to-day direction.
- Maintains contract with select subcontractors and is
responsible for some subcontract administration, including defining
work scope, answering inquiries, and monitoring progress.
- Consults with designers/engineers when reviewing drawings and
suggest value-added or alternative construction methods or
- Supports the project team lead in monitoring the design team
for timely response to the submittal schedule. Supports
pre-commissioning or commissioning as the need arises.
- Assists the project manager and superintendent in managing and
reporting overall project or select scope performance as per site
HSE, cost management, schedule, and quality.
- Assists with change management and change order process,
including pricing, processing, and assessing cost and schedule
impact before reviewing with project manager.
- Assists with site inspections from the design team to resolve
constructability and site coordination issues and reviews and signs
off on functionality, AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction)
requirements, and code compliance, while identifying installation
deficiencies and witnesses and signs off on systems commissioning.
Ensures that resolution is achieved and accepted by all
- Participates in reviews of subcontractors' submittals for
compliance with scope, design documentation, and coordination with
other disciplines against the design documentation prior to
forwarding to the design team for their review.
- Maintains and performs project document control and procedures
(coordinating RFIs, shop drawing and submittal process, maintaining
as-built drawings, etc.).
- 4-7 years of experience in construction in an operational role
- Construction trade certification with equivalent experience, or
post-secondary diploma or bachelor's degree in construction
management or electrical or mechanical engineering preferred.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques,
drawings and specifications, project health, safety, and
environment (HSE), quality, building materials, and required
standards as per discipline.
- Ability to apply intermediate engineering/problem-solving
principles to construction challenges.
- An understanding of construction law, building codes, and ASME
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced
- Intermediate planning, organizational, and time management
skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize own work, and
delegate simple tasks.
- Ability to administer subcontracts and contract documents.
- Working knowledge of project document control and
- Ability to create and schedule projects valued between $1.5M
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and internal
operational systems, including Baseplate applications, with a
strong aptitude for adopting new technology.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people
who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great
work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities
that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of
vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently
ranked among the best companies to work for because we are
committed to supporting and developing our teams.
PCL combines numerous pay and benefit strategies to provide a
comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. The total
rewards package includes an employee share purchase offering,
discretionary annual performance bonus, comprehensive benefits &
wellness programs, retirement plan plus matching and career
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable
opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and
applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process,
please contact us at ...@pcl.com with the position and location you
are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let's get
Employee Status: Regular Full-Time
Company: PCL Industrial Services, Inc.
Primary Location: Tempe, Arizona, Arizona
Job: Electrical Industrial Project Coordinator
Requisition: 2277 Associated topics: design, develop, electric,
electrical, electrical engineer, electronic, engineer, plc, power,
Keywords: PCL Construction, Phoenix , Electrical Industrial Project Administrator, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!