Middle School Social Studies Teacher
Company: Arizona Charter Academy
Posted on: November 26, 2022
This is a 7th/8th grade Social Studies position.
At ACA, our Middle School Social Studies Teachers have the chance
to make a real and lasting impact on their students' education. We
are a Title 1 public charter school that is student focused and
passionate about achievement and student growth.
*At ACA, student success starts with a supported teacher. *
* You'll have weekly opportunities to work with other grade level
and content area teachers.
* You'll meet weekly with your 1:1 instructional coach to review
lesson plans, strategies, and student data to drive academic
*Helping you grow as a professional: *Student growth begins with
teacher growth and ACA provides an interactive, collaborative
experience to grow you as a professional through differentiated
professional development opportunities uniquely tailored to where
you are at in your teaching career.
* Along with your supervisor and 1:1 coach, you will create a
professional growth plan to further develop you as a professional
and enable you to help every student progress.
* Our New Teacher Support Program offers a weeklong workshop to set
you up for success before school begins. Additional professional
development is offered weekly to help new teachers with strategies
to be successful through their schoolyear.
*Here's what we're looking for: * Our most successful teachers
build positive and authentic relationships with their students and
create a sense of class community. Communication flows between you,
your students, and their parents to ensure everyone works as a team
on student growth. High expectations and understanding student data
are the backbone of the ACA classroom. A growth mindset accompanies
our best teachers as they continually strive for data driven
results. *Is this you? *
*About our community culture: *ACA is committed to building
meaningful relationships with employees, students, parents, and the
community - we are making an impact!
* A+ School of Excellence
* Voted Top Companies to Work For
* Most Admired Companies
* 100 Best Arizona Companies in 2022
* The coveted "Best of Heart" award through Best Companies AZ
ACA is proud to offer a competitive salary and robust benefit
package including 100% paid health and dental PPO Plans along with
life insurance. We also offer an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
which includes free counseling and assistance with legal forms. Our
personal benefit concierge assists in finding doctors, setting up
appointments and troubleshooting any claim issues.
Additional benefits include:
* Free after school care for school aged children
* We match over 12% of your salary for the Arizona State Retirement
plan which also includes long-term disability.
* Free TeleDoc appointments
We're also happy to offer short-term disability, additional life
insurance, vision, 401(a) and 457(b) retirement plans
* Candidates must hold a Bachelor's degree.
* State Certification is helpful but not required! All candidates
must meet criteria to be "highly qualified"
* Hold a valid fingerprint clearance card
* Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team
* Belief in and alignment with Arizona Charter Academy's core
beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $41,000.00 - $46,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
* Signing bonus
* Bachelor's (Required)
* teaching/classroom: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Arizona Charter Academy, Phoenix , Middle School Social Studies Teacher, Other , Surprise, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!