Company: Sun Health
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Sun Health *is looking for big-hearted, invested, and thorough
*Sous Chef *to join our _vibrant _team at *The Colonnade *in
*Why Sun Health?*
Sun Health has been supporting healthcare in the West Phoenix
metropolitan area for over 50 years and continues its mission to
champion superior health and well-being through philanthropy,
inspired living, and wellness programs.
Sun Health's core purpose is to empower people to enjoy living
longer and more purposeful lives and our team members lead the way
in education, advocacy, and care for our residents and
Sun Health was recently:
* certified as a Great Place to Work by our employees from 2020 -
* awarded a top 10 spot on the national Fortune Best Workplaces for
Aging Services--- 2020 list, and
* awarded a Platinum award in 2019, 2020 & 2021 through the Healthy
Arizona Worksites Program.
*Benefits offered for this position include: *
* *Paid Time Off and Sick Time*
* *Medical, dental & vision*
* *401k with immediate vesting & up to 5% employer match*
* *Tuition Reimbursement*
* *Career and leadership development opportunities*
* *Employee Health and Wellbeing programs & rewards*
* *Community volunteer opportunities*
* *Discount Programs through The Employee Network*
* *Employee Association: Nonprofit supporting team members in
*A comprehensive list of benefits for all positions can be found
*\*The following is only a summary of the major job duties. A full
job description is available during the interview process.*
The Sous Chef supports and acts in the absence of the Executive
Chef to function as kitchen leadership to supervise all kitchen
staff relating to the daily production of food products and to
prepare and serve food products as necessary.
*Sous Chef Major Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Represent the Executive Chef in his/her absence.
- Enforce campus policies.
- Inventory and ordering of raw and prepared food items.
- Assist with making the work schedule.
- Ensure proper preparation and food quality.
- Maintain and enforce safety and sanitation standards.
- Assist in the training of all kitchen employees.
- Assist in the food production as needed .
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.50 - $23.74 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Food provided
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Hourly pay
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
Weekly day range:
* Weekend availability
* Casual dining restaurant
* Fine dining restaurant
We provide masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer; as well as adhere to
social distancing. We are requiring all team members to obtain a
Flu and COVID-19 vaccine or submit a medical or religious exemption
request (subject to review and approval).
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* commercial kitchen: 1 year (Required)
* Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card or ability to obtain
* Maricopa County Food Handlers card or ability to obtain
* ServSafe certification or ability to obtain (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Sun Health, Phoenix , Sous Chef, Other , Surprise, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!