Statutory Staff Accountant
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first
companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly
online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to
innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their
changing expectations.One thing that's stayed the same since our
founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and
employees.Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a
powerful contender in the field of insurance.Compensation may vary
based on the job level and your geographic work
location.Compensation Minimum:$53,900 AnnualCompensation
Maximum:$105,700 AnnualThis role will process billing and
receivable transactions and complete reconciliations of the various
cash payments (credit card, EFT, check) received by the
company.Will also provide additional and on-going support as a new
receivable system is implemented and the company continues to
grow.Participate in the financial statement close process as
needed, to include preparing journal entries, financial reports,
Reporting & Analysis:
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory
filings for multiple companies via preparation of assigned
Quarterly and Annual Statutory Financial Statement
- Assist with the analysis of account balances and income
statement activity in response to requests from various states'
Departments of Insurance, communicating with them directly as
- Assume ownership of the annual state form filings for multiple
states and companies.
- Assist with requests from various states' Departments of
Insurance, communicating with them directly as needed.
- Coordinate with other departments within Homesite as well as
the off-site parent company and affiliates regularly in order to
timely obtain necessary information.
- Assist with the unclaimed property escheatment process.
- Perform accounting functions as assigned on a monthly basis for
- Assist with gathering and reconciling tax related balances
- Perform a broad array of duties relating to Premium, State,
Federal, and Municipal taxes.
- Assist with remitting tax payments and coordinating with our
Tax vendors.Audits & Examinations:
- Assist with annual external audits and DOI examinations.
Complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned
schedules for the annual and interim audit.
- Ensure compliance with Model Audit Rule controls.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects
related to aspects of finance and accounting.
- Assist in improving workflows and vendor selections.
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal
policies & procedures.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas
- Participate in trainings and seminars to stay current on
Statutory reporting guidelines.
- BS/BA degree in accounting or finance
- 1+ years work experience in the insurance industry
- Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles (SAP), Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) a plus
- CPA or CPA candidate and experience working in public
accounting a plus
- Ability and environment to effectively work remotely when
- Understand accounting fundamentals and financial
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a team and take on new
tasks as needed
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS
Outlook, or similar programsThis position is a hybrid role that
involves working a minimum of 10 days per month in the office. We
know flexibility is important to our employees and their families,
and we will continue to offer flexibility in this flex office/home
role. This approach will guide us in balancing the needs of the
business, customers and our employees.Preferred locations for this
role include:Madison, WI; Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; Minneapolis, MN;
Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; Nashville, TN; Atlanta, GA#LI-HybridWhen
you work at Homesite you can expect benefits that support your
physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access
to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits
that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a
competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual
incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student
loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to
support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent
workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise
benefits.Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!
Keywords: Homesite, Phoenix , Statutory Staff Accountant, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!