Inside Sales Representative
Posted on: November 25, 2022
US0049 Sysco Arizona (Division of USA I)
Minimum Years of Experience:
This is a Sales and Marketing position responsible for focusing on
account penetration opportunity sales from a local Operating
Company (OpCo) facility (with minimal travel), performing sales
activities for the purpose of achieving sales and profit objectives
assigned, ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction
through customer service activities, and overseeing collection
- Perform sales activities for the assigned customer base and
provide customer support from local OpCo facility.
- Conduct outbound calls to external customer base.
- Responsible for penetrating and growing market share of
- Accountable for increasing customer retention.
- Sell, via the phone and other media, all major product
categories through the presentation of new products, services,
ideas, uses, and applications to meet all established sales and
- When necessary, perform merchandising research of product
discounts, product services information, special offers and/or
- Maintain product information and prices, merchandising
materials, call lists and lead lists to enhance sales activities
through planning activities based on accurate and precise
- Complete and up-date all applicable sales forms and call
reports to ensure a complete and timely flow of sales
- When possible, sell excess and/or obsolete inventory items, as
identified, through special customer contacts and sales techniques
to reduce product waste and unsatisfactorily high inventory
- Work with Sysco specialists, manufacturing representatives, and
brokers in supporting company promotions or obtaining information
on products or services.
- Participate in informational seminars, learning-based meetings,
and other sessions to advance individual knowledge of sales
techniques, product specifications, and department functions.
- Attend all department sales meetings, as scheduled and
participate in other activities as requested.
- Report on industry and market competition as requested and
assist with reviewing inventory levels.
- Promote positive working relationships with all internal and
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 months' related experience and/or training.
- 1 -2 years' experience in a customer service level
- Ability to maintain or improve the relationship between
customer and Sysco.
- Working knowledge of all product categories sold to drive the
penetration of existing accounts.
- Solid telephone communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Some knowledge of salesmanship techniques, marketing principles
and product lines sold by Sysco, necessary inter-department
communications related to certain sales, credit, and customer
service activities, Sysco credit terms and general finance
terminology/concepts, and book-keeping activities.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Capable of reading and comprehending simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions in
one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients,
managers and other employees of the organization.
- Can add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and
divide with 10's and 100's.
- Perform these operations using units of American money and
weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but
uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Phoenix , Inside Sales Representative, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!