Associate, Instructional (Move On When Reading) (Trailside Point)
Company: Laveen Elementary School District #59
Posted on: September 24, 2022
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to communicate effectively and work
cooperatively with teachers, support staff, and school
administrators. High School Diploma preferred. REPORTS TO:
Principal, professional staff to whom assigned JOB GOAL: To assist
professional staff members by performing a variety of tasks related
to the operation of classrooms or other instructional areas.
- Assist the teacher with planned activities and instructional
- Record and file statistical data, grades, and reports.
- Assist in preparing instructional materials for daily
instruction as planned by the teacher; set up and operates
audiovisual equipment; type educational materials; ability to use
and operate copy machines, and computers.
- Assist the teacher in maintaining individual student
- Assist in supervising students in the classroom, lunchroom, and
on the playground under the supervision of a district certified
- Presents subject matter to students, utilizing variety of
methods and techniques such as lecture, discussion, and supervised
role-playing, under the supervision of the teacher.
- Prepares, administers, and grades examinations.
- Assists students, individually or in groups, with lesson
assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
- Confers with parents on progress of students.
- Perform other job duties as assigned. COMPETENCIES:
- Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions,
percents, and/or ratios.
- Read a variety of manuals; writes documents following
prescribed formats, and/or present information to others.
- Understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to
satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: office
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations;
Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Creates and
maintains a positive and conducive work environment.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Edits work for spelling and
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence,
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain
confidentiality of information. TECHNOLOGY SKILLS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of Internet and district software and Microsoft office
(Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and other appropriate
- Knowledge of appropriate business machines and telephones.
- Monitor special system(s), not limited to, including security
and fire alarm systems. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. In addition, some carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some
stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant
fine finger dexterity.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's
functions require the following physical demands: requires sitting,
walking, and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision and distance vision. TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ten-month, employee pay and benefits in accordance with Board
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Part Time Employee Benefits: in accordance with Board policy.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy
on evaluation of support personnel.
Primary Location: Trailside Point Performing Arts Academy
Shift Type: Part-Time (FTE .7375)
Job Contact Information Name Title Phone Email
Applications will be accepted beginning
Monday, May 23, 2022 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)
Keywords: Laveen Elementary School District #59, Phoenix , Associate, Instructional (Move On When Reading) (Trailside Point), Other , Laveen, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!