Silicon Alliances Business Development Lead
Company: Canonical Group Ltd
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Canonical is the company behind the popular Ubuntu operating
system with a view to being the best open-source company in the
world. Our mission is to accelerate innovation by making free and
open-source tools accessible to developers and enterprises from the
cloud to IoT, from Silicon Valley to the farthest corner of the
Canonical is committed to hiring and growing careers of promising,
passionate individuals across the globe.
The Silicon Alliances Team works with the leading semiconductor
companies to combine open source adoption with innovative
customizations to get the most from each new chip. With our
semiconductor partners, we develop joint product roadmaps, drive
delivery, formulate go-to-market plans and conceptualize new
business models, enabling differentiated hardware and robust
product life-cycle support while still anchored on best-in-class
Ubuntu. The end goal is a frictionless experience to deploy,
maintain, and develop on any hardware from cloud to edge.
The successful candidate is someone who is passionate about both
technology and business development with a unique blend of wide
ranging skills. If you are someone who can effortlessly switch your
analytical and strategic thinking hats, to find creative solutions
and can be comfortable doing technical deep dives with engineering,
this challenging role is for you.
Reporting to the VP of Silicon Alliances, the role has high
executive visibility both inside and outside the company. You will
manage and grow our relationships with one or more silicon partners
and be the primary contact for all stakeholders on both sides. As
part of this role, you will be called upon to drive top initiatives
spanning company boundaries. You will work cross-functionally with
engineering, product, marketing and sales teams to facilitate new
business, leading definition of joint products, solutions and
complex programs relying heavily on your communicating and
influencing skills. You will ensure that robust project plans are
created, tracked, and executed. You will develop a deep
understanding of partner strategies, technologies and roadmaps and
identify overlap with Canonical's current and future products.
- Develop understanding of Canonical product portfolio.
- Establish, maintain and grow technical and executive
relationships at partner companies.
- Champion Canonical products at the partner and
- Work with other stakeholders to increase awareness of
Canonical's portfolio in the ecosystem.
- Develop account plans with a view to increase Canonical's
direct and indirect business.
- Ensure mid to long-term strategic alignment with one or more
- Engage and influence Canonical product and engineering to
refine plans and ensure delivery.
- Manage market messaging, collateral and launch plans across
- Negotiate successful contracts.
- B.A / B.S / B.E degree in science, technology and/or
- Fundamental understanding of the semiconductor industry and
- Experience in business development, technology strategy or
- Engineering or program management experience.
- Ability to grasp complex material and synthesize key
- Disciplined and self motivated for a remote-first workplace
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer facing experience.
- Experience in software and system architecture
- MBA or graduate degree in science, technology and/or
- Experience in consulting, account management, customer facing
roles or similar functions.
- Proven consultative selling ability
- Expert negotiator with strong influencing and persuasion
- Ability to think and work at both strategic and tactical
- Understanding of cloud, datacenter, IoT/edge and PC
- Understanding Canonical's strategy and competitive
- Open source / Linux experience is a nice to have
- Demonstrated exceptional collaboration and relationship
- Track record of organizational leadership
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination.
Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a
better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity
we will give your application fair consideration.
Keywords: Canonical Group Ltd, Phoenix , Silicon Alliances Business Development Lead, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!