Inside Relationship Representative - Cox Business
Company: Cox Communications
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Primary Location: 3010 West Agua Fria Freeway, Phoenix, AZ,
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 226200
At Cox, we're forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our
award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and
kindness, and we're looking for people to join our mission to be a
force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us
across automotive, communications, the environment and more. We
want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and
healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will
need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for
this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and
religious objections will of course be considered. Keep reading to
learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of
businesses. Real relationships are sincere, authentic, and built on
trust. These are the kinds of connections that move business
forward. Imagine being the person who helps bring these
relationships to life. If you are looking for an opportunity to
take your career to the next level, its time to learn more about
We are a leading provider of technology solutions with great sales
teams across the US and were looking for people like you!
As a Cox Business Inside Relationship Representative, youll provide
business owners the tools and technology to connect with their
customers, helping them manage and grow their business. If youre
feeling connected to this kind of opportunity, then read on.
Who You Are Youre known for your ambition and grit- you have a
strong desire to achieve. Your work ethic impresses customers and
colleagues alike. Youre quick on your feet with ideas and
solutions, fueled by a tenacious entrepreneurial spirit. Youve got
a proven track record in sales and are ready to run your next race
with a company that puts real relationships first.
What Youll Do - Position Summary The Cox Business Inside
Relationship Representative (Retail) retains valuable small to
medium business customers for Cox Business by minimizing
controllable churn and capturing upselling opportunities. In this
role, youll respond to calls from existing customers and prevent
them from disconnecting services. The IRR engages in "save"
activities on requests for disconnection by resolving problems or
offering incentives, credit, and other offers. The IRR leverages a
deep understanding of Coxs catalog of business solutions to uncover
or create customer needs to resell them on their existing or
additional products. Additionally, the IRR sells non-complex
bundled telephony, data, wireless, and video products and features
as an up-sell to current customers.
Youll also tackle these to-dos - Functional Accountabilities:
- Answer inbound customer controllable disconnect calls, and
controllable disconnect calls escalated from residential call
- Make outbound follow-up calls to customers to inform them of
customer referral program.
- Make outbound follow-up calls to customers to inform them of
new products/services or upsell them on enhanced packages.
- Make outbound calls with a focus on renewing, saving or
upgrading existing customers with a propensity to churn.
- Manage the base of revenue by proactively contacting customers
3-6 months of contract expire for renewal and upsell.
- Listen to and question customers in order to understand their
businesses communication needs, troubleshoot and resolve sources of
service, pricing and technical problems.
- Work with Sales Engineer (or Data Sales Engineer) and/or Sales
Support Team to determine appropriate solutions and address any
issues regarding installation or service.
- Refer complex problems to other departments for
- Make win back offers of credits, free repairs, and discounts
according to company guidelines.
- Negotiate penalties with clients to obtain at least the company
specified minimum penalty payment.
- Up-sell bundled telephony, data, wireless, and video, as well
as other Cox Business products to current customers.
- Develop proposals and presentations for add-on
products/services purchased by previously acquired CB
- Negotiate pricing, products, promotions, and terms/conditions
- Ensure product pricing reflects pricing structures set at the
- Perform any necessary calculations pertaining to fees, time
periods, pro-rations, or competitive pricing comparisons.
- Educate customers in the use of installed products, service
offerings, billing, charges, and product features.
- Work with Sales Support Administration to complete sales
- Provide customer intelligence and feedback to Marketing
- Remain current on technical information regarding Cox Businesss
services/solutions, including telephony, data, wireless, and video
services and offerings, Customer Premises Equipment (CPE),
networking, consultation, negotiation, and sales skills through
completion of required/recommended training program.
- Spend the majority of work time talking on the telephone with
customers. Handles calls from dissatisfied customers. Limited
physical mobility: sit at their positions and take or make
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and develop internal
relationships to resolve customer problems.
- Work involves multitasking and handling multiple tasks
simultaneously: listening, answering questions, viewing multiple
windows and order entry.
- Assist customers with disconnecting or downgrading
- Assist with other duties as needed. Whats In It For You? At Cox
Business, we reward your hard work with meaningful benefits.
- First, we offer a highly competitive compensation package (base
salary + excellent commission plan rewarding strong performance),
401(k) with a generous company match, comprehensive healthcare,
life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits,
- We value people more than technology. That means youll work
within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your
experience, your contributions, and your uniqueness - yes, you - as
a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox Business
strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day.
We also encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to
do you and feel comfortable doing so.
- We also offer boundless opportunities for growth; you can
sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program,
even earn an advanced degree. Youll find the potential for lateral
or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including
the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and
- Your sales territory will be local, so if youre looking to be
home for your family at night or meet your friends for dinner at
the end of the day, weve got you covered. Qualifications: To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Minimum Skills, Experience, & Education
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- 2 or more years of experience preferred in related field
- At least 6 months of experience working with computers and
common business software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Excellent skill in adaptability, applied learning, customer
service orientation, expanding and advancing sales opportunities,
high impact communication, multi-tasking, negotiation, PC skill,
quality orientation, reasoning, sales aptitude, and tolerance for a
structured work environment in order to work effectively with teams
throughout organization. Preferred Qualifications
- AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline strongly
- 1 year business-to-business sales experience (inside or
outside), with quotas
- 1 year in a role focused on retaining customers and
- 1 year experience selling by telephone
- 6 months experience in the communications industry or at a
major communications equipment vendor
- Knowledge of local telecom market, local contacts Join the Cox
family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of
human connection through broadband applications and services. The
largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six
million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to
empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse
products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics
that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: Cox Communications, Phoenix , Inside Relationship Representative - Cox Business, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!