107 - Food City Tortilleria Machine Operator - Central & Baseline
Company: Bashas' Supermarkets
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Tortilla Machine Operator
The tortilla machine operator provides customer satisfaction by
operating and caring for equipment used in the tortilleria
department, including the tortilla manufacturing machine (tortilla
maker), mixers and fryers, making sure there are plenty of
delicious flour and corn tortillas, tostada shells, duros, tortilla
chips and masa for customer purchases.
* Operating and maintaining tortilla making machines, conveyor
belts, mixers and fryers.
* Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering
product information and always giving a genuine thank you.
* Mixing masa for tortilla products.
* Manufacturing and packaging tortillas and snack items like
toasted tortilla chips and duros.
* Ensuring all manufacturing and cooking facilities meet proper
food safety and member safety guidelines.
* Maintaining adequate stock levels to ensure adequate production
of tortilleria products.
* Merchandise tortilleria products on shelves, merchandisers and
* Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers
and fellow team members.
* Understanding proper product preparation, roasting and
merchandising techniques and procedures,
* Keeping clean neat and orderly work areas, including a well swept
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be
at least 18 years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
time. This description reflects management's assignment of
essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks
that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee
that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.
* Operate and help maintain all tortilleria department
* Remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
* Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to
accomplish assigned duties.
* Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business
* Learn and use proper food safety and sanitation polices.
* Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to
bag tortillas and use necessary tortilleria equipment.
* Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body
language, facial expressions and speech, also communicating in
writing when necessary.
* Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of
customers and fellow members.
* Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently
lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies weighing 30 - 50
* Work in the hot tortilleria department next to the tortilla
* Work with flour products, spices, flavorings, sauces and
Keywords: Bashas' Supermarkets, Phoenix , 107 - Food City Tortilleria Machine Operator - Central & Baseline, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!