Posted on: September 24, 2022
What we have to offer you!
- First class hourly wages - (NO FLAT RATE)
- Sign-on bonus starting at $2500 (see below for
- On the job training
- 100% company-paid healthcare premiums for employees
- Excellent schedules that allow for work/life balance
- 401k with company match -
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Vehicle Discount
- A company culture of growth, with a start-up atmosphere,
allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A leadership team that listens and is geared toward teammate
- Your birthday is a holiday! (Pick the day off you want in the
month of your birthday)
At Carvana, we sell cars but we aren't car salesmen. - Our promise
is simple: we won't sell a car to a customer that we wouldn't sell
to our own Mom. Period. To make sure our cars are in first-rate
condition, - we've built multiple vehicle Reconditioning Centers
around the country, where our cars are inspected, perfected, and
photographed before reaching the Carvana website. Using our Carvana
Certified 150-point inspection process, we're able to verify that
every vehicle meets our rigorous mechanical and cosmetic standards.
We strive to provide only the highest quality vehicles to our
customers in our mission to deliver a no-hassle, better car buying
experience. We are actively looking for passionate and talented
individuals who can help us deliver on that promise. -
Think you've got what it takes to join our team? Keep reading below
to see what we're looking for!
About the team and position
As an Automotive Painter, you will have the opportunity to work at
one of our Inspection Centers while being responsible for extensive
cosmetic work including painting, glossing, and paintless dent
repairs for vehicles during our reconditioning process. The
qualifying candidate must love helping people and possess the drive
to achieve superior customer satisfaction. They must be
goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, with the
ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the
We are currently offering a sign-on bonus starting at $2500 ($1250
payable at 30 days of employment and $1250 payable at 90 days of
What you'll be doing
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Blending in a base coat for a color match for two-stage paint
- Correct fish-eyes as they appear in the paint.
- Use water-base paint to paint and gloss the vehicle inside our
- Complete heavy bodywork, rebuild body lines, stud welding,
wheel, and rim repair. -
- Perform Paintless Dent Repair services on vehicles as needed.
- Concisely and collaboratively communicate with the Cosmetic
team if additional work on a vehicle is needed. -
- Follow proper operating rules, procedures, and standardized
work initiatives as assigned. -
- Work on a variety of vehicle tasks for extended periods of
- Partner and provide clear communication with other team members
and departments involved in the vehicle reconditioning process.
- Maintain a clean and productive work environment by keeping
tools and supplies organized throughout the Cosmetic
- Report any safety issues or accidents to management
- Other duties as assigned. -
Working hours are Monday - Friday 6:00am to 3:00pm. - -
Hours of operation are subject to change based on business needs.
You may also be required to work overtime to support those business
needs and will be given as much advance notice as possible.
What you should have
This position requires a minimum of 5-7 years of paint & body, or
paintless dent repair experience and requires someone who has a
high-level understanding of cosmetic vehicle repair while having an
interest in continuing their career as an auto body technician.
Requirements include: -
- Minimum 5-7 years of paint and body experience or collision
- A valid Driver's License. -
- A positive, can-do attitude with a desire to work in a team
- Ability to physically operate vehicle equipment and tools.
- A quality-first mentality that takes pride in upholding
Carvana's vehicle quality standards. -
- Strong, consistent attention to detail. -
- Moderate understanding of vehicle mechanical repair. -
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively. -
- Excellent interpersonal skills. -
- Ability to read, understand, and follow procedures and
- Ability to review, analyze, identify problems, and make
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing production
environment while sometimes being exposed to excessive weather
conditions (heat/cold). -
- Strong communication skills to engage with all departments at
the Inspection Center.
It would be great if you also had
- iCAR certifications
- Experience working in the Autobody Industry or in a Lean
- Experience painting and glossing vehicles
- Experience working for a fast-paced hyper-growth company
The Automotive Painter will report to the Line Lead, Cosmetic, and
will be an hourly full-time position. No travel is required. -
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic
requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license
- This job position is designated as a safety-sensitive
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of
lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20
- Requires standing for extended periods of time with frequent
stretching, reaching, walking, stooping, pushing, and/or pulling in
an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have
fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not
limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask,
and other protective garments and equipment
- Requires frequent driving and computer data entry -
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance
Of course, we'll make any reasonable accommodations for those with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. - This
role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. - All
applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or
physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic
information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. -
Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based
on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. -
Keywords: Carvana, Phoenix , Automotive Painter, Other , Tolleson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!