Senior Claims Adjuster
Company: Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and
consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive
and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way,
our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by
our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized
solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures. Position
Summary: -Investigates, evaluates, disposes and settles the most
complex claims and highest exposures with minimal supervision.
Includes the investigation, determination and evaluation of
coverage, liability and damages, and the setting of proper
reserves. Incumbents at this level typically hold claims reserve
and settlement authority of up to $10,000 liability and/or $25,000
workers compensation or greater.
- Exercises proper judgment and decision making to analyze the
claims exposure, to determine the proper course of action and to
appropriately settle the claim. -
- Interacts extensively with various parties involved in the
- Able to clearly communicate concise action plans, and present
plans for moving the case to conclusion.
- Will demonstrate complete knowledge of the claim file process
through presentation of actions and responses to client
- Processes claims consistent with clients' and corporate
policies, procedures and "best practices" and also in accordance
with any statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to comply with carrier reporting and
- Able to recognize and pursue excess insurance recoveries.
- Incumbents will have the ability to handle a full case load,
with proven ability to handle cases of increased severity.
Additional Considerations: Required:
- High school diploma
- 5 or more -years related claims experience required
- Appropriately licensed and/or certified in all states in which
claims are being handled
- Extensive knowledge of accepted industry standards and
- -Computer experience with related claims and business
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organize
activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively communicate
verbally and in writing and embrace new challenges.
- Analytical skill necessary to make decisions and resolve
complex issues inherent in handling losses.
- Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and
disposition of serious claims including the ability to interpret
related documentation. U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV
online to be considered
- Are you 18 years of age or older or can you demonstrate legal
capacity to enter a contract?
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any
offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion
of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United
States. For U.S. employment opportunities, -Gallagher hires U.S.
citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary
residents. Temporary residence does not include those with
non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as
students in practical training status. Exceptions to these
requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified
candidates with a particular skill. -Gallagher will require proof
of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or
Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Agreement -which requires, among
other things, post-employment obligations relating to
non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure Gallagher
offers competitive salaries and benefits, including:
medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K),
employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement,
employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability
varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift
program, and more. Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled
to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against
nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability,
national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship,
veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or
perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected
characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in
all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but
not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer,
demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In
addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known
physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant
with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue
hardship on the operation of our business. Please Note: Gallagher
never extends an offer of employment or requests any personal
identification information without having received an online
application and conducted one or more in-person or video
interviews. If you have received any communication referencing the
offer of a job at Gallagher and you have not submitted an online
application or been interviewed by a Gallagher employee, please do
not assume that the offer is being sent from a legitimate Gallagher
Keywords: Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., Phoenix , Senior Claims Adjuster, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!