Business Information Architect Lead - Bank Member Experience
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Business
Information Architect Lead for the San Antonio Home Office II/III,
Plano, TX Office or 100% Remote Work Location Available.
We are embarking on a redesign of our data architecture to drive
improvements across the Complaints and Bank Member Experience (BMX)
ecosystem. You will join a team of talented data and analytics
architects and practitioners to jointly collaborate with our
Omnichannel business partners, IT, and data teams to simplify,
automate and streamline operational and analytics end-to-end
processes leading to improved integrity of our customer complaints
and experience capture, classification, and journey analytics. The
end result will also include knowledge of advanced analytics to
identify and improve customer experiences and journeys leading to
reduction in complaints, increasing customer satisfaction,
reporting to improve our controls, and ultimately reduction in
Holds responsibility for the development and implementation of the
information architecture to support the measuring and monitoring of
enterprise business needs. Collaborates with the architectural
communities and other information management activities. Influences
and drives awareness of information strategy and architecture to
the enterprise. Maintains the design around the full set of
Enterprise information capabilities that support existing and
strategic business capabilities.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA
knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security
of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This
singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at
every level.Primary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role. -
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. -
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Leads the performance of regular assessments of the health and
maturity of information capabilities for a given domain.
- Applies expert knowledge to identify new information
capabilities to support business capabilities of a given business
domain and recommends viable and sustainable solutions.
- Applies expert knowledge of governance standards and regulatory
implications of internal information management practices.
- Mentors others to effectively apply reference models to
articulate business information requirements.
- Influences direction for metadata storage and relationships in
information architecture tools; mentoring peers on effective
utilization of information governance tools to include Infosphere
Data Architect (IDA), Infosphere Governance Catalog (IGC),
Infosphere Metadata Workbench to create information architecture
- Leads efforts in defining the mission, goals, critical success
factors, principles, policies and Statements of Direction for
information strategy and architecture (IS&A).
- Guides business and development activities and ensures
alignment to published IS&A direction, taking appropriate
action when deviation is observed.
- Develops, approves, and governs IS&A artifacts to include
statements of direction, logic models, decision matrices,
information capabilities, information categories, business
entities, and conceptual models. -
- Influences and consults on information design across the
domain, including collaboration with the design team; displays
deep/broad business knowledge.
- Educates stakeholders on the value and practice of IS&A;
demonstrates the development and nurturing of healthy stakeholder
relationships; develops effective models to convey complex
concepts; leads stakeholders to recognize, explore, and explicitly
state their assumptions.
- Influences other architectural discipline, providing
information requirements to inform information architecture
direction, technical and data design decisions.
- Understands end to end change impact by managing linkages from
information capabilities to technical assets (operational +
- Leads the development and maintenance of a conceptual model for
information capabilities for a given domain.
- Provides consultation and guidance regarding the usage of the
enterprise integrated logical model for use in development.
- Sets the direction regarding appropriate data sources to be
used in solution development and delivery.When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. -
This will take approximately 5 minutes. - Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not be able to change your responses.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Architecture, Information
Management, Information and Data Science, Information Studies or a
related technical field OR 4 years work experience in information
management or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a
degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience.
- 8 years of experience in information and/or data architecture
to include strategy, planning, and delivery oversight; or if
Advanced degree, 6 years experience in information or data
- 3 years of direct and/or indirect management experience.
- Direct hands-on experience with modern data architecture
environments (Cloud, Hadoop, NoSQL, etc.).
- Proven ability to embrace new technologies of the future and
operationalize these to deliver value (Data Virtualization, Cloud).
- Extensive experience working with data analysis tools and
leveraging reporting and data analysis that molds the way user
experiences are designed.
- In-depth knowledge of architectural principles and extensive
experience applying - principles to business solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate
appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes
written and verbal communications as well as
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading project teams in
implementing major data initiatives.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and relational database
- Experience implementing data quality frameworks.
- Understanding of Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS)
- Experience driving change/ transformation initiatives in
financial services / banking / regulatory domain.
- Familiarity with Cloud data architectures.
- Expertise in data and analytics implemented for complaints and
customer experience satisfaction.
- Knowledge and / or experience with design or application of
journeys and journey analytics.
- Knowledge and / or experience with Pega Complaints case
- Knowledge of natural language processing (NLP), natural
language understanding (NLU), and / or similar types of
transcription / text analyticsThe above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the
job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $135,200 -
$243,500* (this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location).Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average. - Shift
premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable
roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. -
-Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to
support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. - These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. - Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals. Please click on the link below for
more details.Relocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Phoenix , Business Information Architect Lead - Bank Member Experience, Other , Surprise, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!