Company: Capital Vacations
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Groundskeeper POSITION REPORTS TO:
Maintenance Supervisor/General Manager JOB SUMMARY: Performs a
variety of ground care tasks aimed at enhancing the overall
appearance of the resort exterior. Must always follow the rules and
regulations as set forth by the latest Employee Handbook. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with resort
standards, including working weekends and holidays; follows
procedures for clocking in and out.
- Empties all trash cans on the grounds two times per day.
- Cleans charcoal and gas grills regularly.
- Mop and wipe down the interior of elevators daily.
- Blow off the beach boardwalk daily.
- Clean indoor and outdoor pool bathrooms daily.
- Walk the entire property, both exterior and under buildings,
picking up trash and debris to help maintain a clean environment
for all employees, owners, and guests.
- Vacuum hallways in buildings K and L.
- Pull weeds from the rotary fields.
- Replenish mutt-mitts in receptacles throughout the
- Check exterior lighting for burned-out light bulbs.
- Clean indoor pool windows.
- Keep hallways, stairwells, and exterior light fixtures free of
cobwebs and bugs.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintains proper dress code and keeps uniforms neat and clean
and worn during working hours.
- Required to report hazardous conditions for the safety of all
employees and guests, including placing wet floor signs in
necessary areas around the property during inclement weather or as
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and understand/follow
posted work rules and procedures.
- Has the ability to follow directions from a supervisor and
interact well with co-workers, subordinates, and supervisors.
- Participates in all required health and OSHA safety
- Performs any other various duties that may be assigned by the
General Manager, Assistant Manager, Front Desk Supervisor, or VRI
Director of Resorts. PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: High energy level,
comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with
normal activities. Must be well organized and motivated. Advocates
team support. Ability to get along with diverse personalities –
tactful, honest, mature, responsible, and courteous. Has the
ability to deal tactfully and professionally with owners, guests,
board members, and the public. Must also maintain attentiveness and
a positive attitude at all times. Must have the ability to meet and
maintain personal cleanliness and hygiene standards as set forth in
the Employee Handbook. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:While performing the duties
of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for
indefinite periods of time, use hands, talk, hear, and smell. The
employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The
employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, stoop,
kneel, climb or balance, crouch, bend, or crawl. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee
must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Must be comfortable and able to work around particular scents such
as paint, chemicals, perfumes, body odors, food, etc. May also be
exposed to fumes or airborne particles such as cleaning supplies,
gasoline, and car fumes, microwaves from a microwave oven, and risk
of radiation. The work environment is mainly outdoors. Must be
comfortable working in heat, cold or inclement weather for
sustained periods of time. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable
words and to recognize similarities and differences between words
and between series of numbers. Ability to understand and speak
Basic English sentences.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple
one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized
situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Background check will be completed as a condition of
- Must be dependable and be able to work without constant
- Must be comfortable around machinery and tolerant of heat.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced
- Ability to apply common sense to solve practical problems and
deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Keywords: Capital Vacations, Phoenix , Groundskeeper, Other , Sedona, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!