Data Scientist I (Mid-Level) - Life Company
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Purpose of JobAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.We are currently
seeking a dedicated Data Scientist I (Mid-Level) for Life Company.
This position will develop artificial intelligence / machine
learning models and work with IT in cloud migration effort. This
position is open to the San Antonio or Phoenix Campuses working a
Hybrid schedule or working fully Remote.This role uses advanced
techniques that integrate traditional and non-traditional datasets
and method to enable analytical solutions. Applies predictive
analytics, machine learning, simulation, and optimization
techniques to generate management insights and enable
customer-facing applications; participates in building analytical
solutions leveraging internal and external applications to deliver
value and create competitive advantage. Translates complex
analytical and technical concepts to non-technical employees.Job
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Partners with other analysts across the organization to fully
define business problems and research questions; Supports SME's on
cross functional matrixed teams to solve highly complex work
critical to the organization.
- Integrates and extracts relevant information from large amounts
of both structured and unstructured data (internal and external) to
enable analytical solutions.
- Conducts advanced analytics leveraging predictive modeling,
machine learning, simulation, optimization and other techniques to
deliver insights or develop analytical solutions to achieve
- Supports Subject Matter Experts (SME's) on efforts to develop
scalable, efficient, automated solutions for large scale data
analyses, model development, model validation and model
- Works with IT to research architecture for new products,
services, and features.
- Develops algorithms and supporting code such that research
efforts are based on the highest quality data.
- Translates complex analytical and technical concepts to
non-technical employees to enable understanding and drive informed
business decisions.Minimum Requirements:Minimum Education:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics,
Quantitative Economics, Statistics, or related field OR 6
additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required
(total of 10 years) may be substituted in lieu of a degree. Minimum
- 4 years of related experience in predictive modeling, large
data analysis and computer science.
- Proficient knowledge of the function/discipline and
demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards
- Proficient level of business acumen in the areas of the
business operations, industry practices and emerging trends.
- Experience in data mining and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of Data Science principals and experience with data
- Experience with any one of the following statistical and
predictive modeling approaches: Gaussian Process; Markov Models;
Hierarchical Clustering; K-Means; Linear Regression; Logistic
Regression; Monte Carlo Simulation; Neural Networks.Preferred
- 2 or more years of experience with Natural Language Processing
and Deep Learning
- 2 or more years of experience with Python
- 2 or more years of experience with Data Wrangling
- 2 or more years of experience accessing data in Hadoop
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Data
ScienceCompensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $88,200 - $158,900.Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details.USAA Total
RewardsRelocation assistance is NOT available for this
Keywords: USAA, Phoenix , Data Scientist I (Mid-Level) - Life Company, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!