Sr. Data Scientist
Company: Freedom Financial Network
Posted on: January 16, 2022
THE OPPORTUNITY:As a Senior Data Scientist at Freedom Financial,
you will focus on developing and deploying machine learning models.
You will serve as a strategic thought partner for leaders
throughout the company, helping them to identify and exploit
opportunities where machine learning can add value.
- Build machine learning models from scratch and deploy them to
- Design bidding and response models to optimize marketing
activities, lead scoring and recommendation models to optimize
- Develop new infrastructure to augment the Data Science team's
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal
- Serve as a strategic thought partner for leaders throughout the
- 5+ years of experience as a professional data scientist. This
is a must.
- Outstanding modeling and analysis skills.
- Solid coding skills in Python.
- Keen eye for opportunities to get value from data.
- Ambitious, resourceful, and possessed of excellent judgment as
evidenced by steadily growing professional responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with partners in
other parts of the company.
- Undergraduate degree in a "hard" quantitative field, with
evidence of outstanding academic achievement. This is a must.
- Ideal candidates will have advanced degrees, although
professional experience and achievement are more important.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the
well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products
that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even
when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our
employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each
day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn
and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward
a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting
participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and
embrace healthy, constructive debate. WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM
- Fast, continued growth - there's plenty of opportunity for
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees,
most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- 401k with employer match
- Work from home now, hybrid office/home work policy planned for
the futureAbout Us:Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital
personal finance company, built to help people. We do what
traditional banks don't: Put people first. We believe in treating
people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people
get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with
innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We
help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead,
and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary
data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions
tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including
personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even
financial tools and education.With 2,400 employees across
California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million
customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and
originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in
business. Driven by our core values, we're passionate about
supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in
grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom
Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity,
equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their
full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee
Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG
community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the
Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality
in the fintech industry.And finally, we take great pride in our
achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by
the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate
Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most
Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by
BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a
BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.This is a wide
open opportunity to make a major impact at a growing company. We'll
give you as much responsibility as you can handle. We'll expect you
to use it wisely and aggressively.
Keywords: Freedom Financial Network, Phoenix , Sr. Data Scientist, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!