Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional - Remote Opportunity
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Kepro is a rapidly growing national quality improvement and care
management organization. We work to ensure that over 20 million
people receive the right care, at the right time, in the right
setting. Kepro is seeking resumes for a highly experienced
Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP)
Under the direction of the Program Manager of the Alabama
Utilization Management Program, this position provides overall
leadership and as a clinical resource for matters pertaining to
individuals with intellectual disabilities. This is a PRN (as
needed) position which offers the ability to work from home as well
as a flexible work schedule.
- Assist clinical staff with issues/criteria, processes, and
- Responsible for performing reviews of medical records of
recipients in ICF/IID.
- Make/receive phone calls from both providers and
- Responsible for planning, developing, facilitating and
evaluating outreach and education programs for providers and
- Conducts education needs assessments and designs curriculum
appropriate to the service needs.
- Cross trains and perform duties of other contracts within Kepro
to provide a flexible workforce to meet client/customer needs.
The list of accountabilities is not intended to be all-inclusive
and may be expanded to include other duties that management may
deem necessary from time to time.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, preferably in a Human Service
- LPN, RN, or social worker strongly preferred with unrestricted
license with respective professional board (if applicable).
- Must reside in Alabama.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of InterQual criteria strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of current NCQA/URAC standards strongly
- Medical record abstracting skills required.
- Knowledge of the organization of medical records, medical
terminology, and disease process required.
- Knowledge of curriculum development, course planning and
effective uses of technological education tools and audio/visual
- Exceptional organization, customer service, communication
skills, including writing and facilitation, and a strong team ethic
is a must.
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities with
sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and able to navigate through
- Ability to become proficient in additional educational software
and to use the Internet as a research tool also helpful.
- Ability to maintain confidentially standards and HIPAA
compliance when working with medical providers and other
- Sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- 2-3 years' experience in a healthcare environment, preferably
in hospital, outpatient, managed care/utilization management, Care
Management or LTC environment.
- Minimum 5 years training and expertise in preparing and
delivering informational and instructional programs for adults,
- Experience with State Medicaid or other state government
Mental And Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be
made as required by law in an attempt to enable an individual with
a disability to perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit for prolonged periods of time; key and/or control
objects; interact extensively with internal and external customers;
occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds; and
occasionally travel within the state.
Kepro offers challenging careers, excellent benefits and
opportunities for advancement. For consideration, please submit
resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Only those
candidates identified for an interview will be contacted. No Phone
Calls Please. Visit our website at www.Kepro.com for more
information on the Kepro Family of Companies.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Kepro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Kepro, Phoenix , Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional - Remote Opportunity, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!