Shop Supervisor- First Group
Company: First Group
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Fleet Maintenance SupervisorJoin the First Transit team as Fleet
Maintenance Supervisor and supervise the maintenance and repair of
buses and support vehicles to contract requirements. We hire
individuals who make safety and customer service their top
priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to
succeed, we are looking for you!First Transit is proud to
- $58,000 to $63,000 salary based on experience &
- Career advancement opportunities - Advance your career
nationwide within First Transit, Greyhound, First Student, or First
Vehicle Services divisions!
- Excellent benefits packages with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Relocation assistance may be considered
- Ongoing training
- A great work environment!Maintenance Supervisor
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in
troubleshooting problems with equipment. Communicates availability
of vehicles for service with dispatch, maintenance manager and/or
other operations personnel.
- Supervises repairs and maintenance of diesel and Natural Gas
engines and bus equipment.
- Supervises maintenance operations. Plans and distributes the
work. Delegates responsibilities as appropriate and monitors
performance. Involved in reviewing personnel actions for
recommendation to Maintenance Manager for review and
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with City of Phoenix,
State, Federal, and Company requirements.
- Works closely with location manager providing status of
compliance with maintenance requirements. Reviews repair orders, as
- May order fuel for all vehicles, order parts, and subcontract
- Initiates and implements projects that improve efficiency
and/or reduce operating costs.
- Supervises bus fueling, building and grounds keeping.
- Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform
hands-on work activities.
- Plans and schedules the work within company guidelines
- Distributes work to technicians and oversees successful
accomplishment of tasks
- Trains and motivates maintenance staffMaintenance Supervisor
- 3+ years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
- Industry experience repairing and maintaining diesel vehicles &
- ASE certifications applicable to bus maintenance.
- H4 Brakes
- H6 Electrical/Electronic Systems
- H8 Preventive Maintenance & Inspection (PMI)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical training preferred
- Possess CDL Operator s license with required endorsements
- May require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills
- Professionalism, initiative, and leadership
- Be subject to a drug testFirst Transit is a leading provider of
transportation contract and management services, moving more than
350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than
19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route,
paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations
at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. With
a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First
Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.We
aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to
attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all. Associated topics: calibrate, customer
service, diagnose, equipment, field service, field service
technician, machine repair, maintenance technician, malfunction,
Keywords: First Group, Phoenix , Shop Supervisor- First Group, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!