Broom Bear Pick-up Broom Operator
Company: Sunland Asphalt
Posted on: November 23, 2021
SUNLAND ASPHALTBe the driving force of your success!Come join
our Award Winning Team.
Sunland Asphalt & Construction, LLC. strives to recruit top talent
and we are committed to help you grow both professionally and
personally. We are confident you will find our Company a dynamic
and rewarding place in which to work because here at Sunland
Asphalt our vision is: 'To be the best place in the world to
Voted as one of Phoenix Business Journal's 'Best Places to Work,'
Sunland offers employees:
- Competitive Weekly Pay and Paid Time Off
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance and Community Involvement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits including; Health, Dental,
- Life/Disability Insurances
- Award Winning Peers & Projects
- And A Foundation Built on Safety
POSITION PURPOSEThe Broom Bear Pick-up Broom Operator performs a
variety of physical tasks to include operating heavy equipment and
machinery and using power tools and/or hand tools for applying
asphalt products as defined by each job/project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee shall perform all duties and responsibilities with
Sunland's Core Values at the forefront.
- Must work quickly, productively and safely to meet production
goals as outlined by the Foreman, Superintendent and/or Production
- Follow direction of the Foreman and/or Superintendent with
regards to daily production schedule and activities.
- Operate heavy equipment such as trucks, screeds, rollers,
pavers, paving finishing machines, paving curbing machines and
front end loaders to apply asphalt products according to job
- Must be an advocate of safety and follow safety policies and
- Actively participate in job-site and safety meetings and all
Company related training.
- Works in conjunction with Foreman or Crew Leader to ensure the
job-site is safe and traffic is controlled prior to commencing
- Must be a strong communicator and be in constant contact with
the paver operator, truck drivers and general laborers.
- If driving a commercial motor vehicle, CMV, will conduct
pre/post trip inspections in compliance with federal, state and
- May operate trucks to transport equipment to and from
production sites as required and assist in the maintenance of all
- Inspect, clean and maintain equipment and machinery.
- Responsible for reporting problems and malfunction equipment
and/or machinery to supervisor and/or shop personnel.
- May set up and tear down equipment.
- Maintain a clean job site; pick up all tools and equipment and
secure job site each day.
- Understand material handling and storage in compliance with SDS
- Coordinate and work with contractors, sub-contractors and
vendors to complete job.
- Serve as front-line Company representative and must provide
excellent service to the customer and to the public.
- Use equipment and/or an assortment of hand tools such as rakes,
shovels, wheel barrels, etc.
- Perform all other general laborer work as needed.
- Any and all other duties assigned. Please note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- C ustomer Focus Customer Orientation
- O wnership Results Driven, Performance, Time and Stress
Management and Composure
- R elationships Teamwork Orientation, Diversity and
- E thics Honesty, Integrity, Do the Right Thing
- S AFETY The Foundation of Everything We Do
- This position is considered a safety-sensitive position and is
subject to the company's drug and alcohol policy, as well as all
- All employees must wear the appropriate personal protective
- Serves as a safety ambassador by complying with federal, state
and local laws, as well as Company safety policy, enforces safe
work practices, and proactively identifies and remedies worksite
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position operates at professional construction sites,
requiring the ability to communicate with verbally others on site,
in person and over the telephone, ability to read printed
materials, signs and directions, stamina to maintain attention
despite interruptions, ability to lift, push, pull, carry, handle
or feel objects, supplies, tools, machinery and/or controls
weighing up to 50 pounds and reach with hands and arms; climb
stairs and/or ladders; balance, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl,
lift overhead, traverse around or otherwise position one's self
around the required work and safety requirements to navigating and
perform activities on various construction sites in a safe
- Will be required to work on project sites and operate vehicles,
trailers, machinery, equipment and other tools within local, state
and federal safety guidelines.
- This position operates in a professional field environment. The
position requires working outside, frequently for long periods of
time in all weather, including extreme hot and cold
- While working, the employee might be exposed to various
chemicals, vapors, pollutants, virus or other air-borne pathogens,
gases, uneven surfaces, loud noises, moving vehicles or machines
POSITION TYPE/ EXPECTED HOURS
- This is a full time position. Occasional evening and weekend
work may be required as job duties demand.
- Must be willing to travel to any and all jobsites without
exception (including staying away from home if necessary.)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation, Work Experience and Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Six (6) months to one (1) year related experience is
- Ability to speak read and write English is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean motor-vehicle
record. A CDL license is preferred and may even be required for
- Passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and
background check is required.
AAP/EEO STATEMENTSunland Asphalt is an equal employment opportunity
Keywords: Sunland Asphalt, Phoenix , Broom Bear Pick-up Broom Operator, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!