Remote Lead Mortgage Ops Loan Care Rep - Phoenix Arizona
Company: PenFed Credit Union
Posted on: November 22, 2021
OverviewAre you looking to take your career from good to great?
As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive,
and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is
providing world class service to our members, employees, and our
communities. We exist to help our members realize their full
potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every
effort to follow our mission and help our members "do better."
Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it's about being a
part of the PenFed family.PenFed is hiring a Remote Lead Mortgage
Operations Loan Care Representative at our San Antonio, Texas
location. The purpose of this position is to provide Mortgage
Operations Loan Care team members with detailed guidance and advice
on handling member calls utilizing product and process knowledge on
a refinance or a purchase mortgage loan, ensuring exceptional
member service for a national call center team regarding the loan
process and providing on-going communication to Member and business
partners via in and out bound calls and email correspondence.*This
position can be filled anywhere in the
U.S.*ResponsibilitiesReasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job
duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Serve as a workflow leader for a team of Mortgage Loan Care
Representatives, monitor the handing of in and outbound calls and
- Coach and assist processors with complex transaction calls or
during learning for new processes or products.
- Manage Mortgage Operations Loan Care Representatives' workload
and remote work time during a period when they are out of the
- Serve as coverage for manager from time to time when they may
be out of the office or unavailable.
- Serve as a resource to resolve issues and answer questions from
members, team members, business partners, leadership.
- Review call summaries for communication gaps and ensure
completeness and accuracy.
- Coach and address call calibrations, 1:1, huddles, and team
- Review call handling processes such as call handle and after
call times, and ensure team members are meeting Score Card
- Recommend corrective action and assist manager with
documentation of incidents.
- Act as Members' support point of contact throughout the entire
mortgage process, ensuring excellent levels of member service by
providing guidance on process assistance in a detailed and
- Responsible for knowledge overview of required documents
required for loan approval. Types of loans processed typically
include conventional VA, FHA, employee, 80/10/10, Super Jumbo, and
escalated or complex loans.
- To understand the process for qualification by understanding
credit history, income levels and assets/liabilities; calculate
debt- to-income and loan-to-value ratios.
- Recommending restructure loan request and for adverse action as
- Responsible for reviewing and addressing items involving loan
product, credit, occupancy and employment verifications and order
pay off's verbal verification of employment (VVOE)
- Oversee and aid team with ingest of document needed to clear
- Update loan origination system with the information from
- Maintain a working knowledge of both originating systems for
home equity loans and lines of credit
- Assist point of contact with necessary business partner through
closing and funding and answer any questions that member may
- Based on the business needs, may assist in other areas as
requested (these duties may fall under the scope of other job
functions within 1st and 2nd mortgages*This role is responsible for
ensuring business continuity.*QualificationsEquivalent combination
of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and experience
that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily
perform the essential job functions.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience preferably in
residential mortgage lending in 1st Trust Mortgage or Home Equity
processing/closing is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work in multiple systems to obtain loan information
and complete research for members in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a phone queue/call center environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate via phone throughout entire
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, priority work
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as
well as independently.
- Present a positive and professional demeanor at all times.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, LoanServ,
Penguin, Hogan, and any other mortgage software.Supervisory
ResponsibilityThis position will not directly supervise
employeesLicenses and CertificationsThere are no additional
certifications required.Work EnvironmentWhile performing the duties
of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office
setting with moderate noise.*Most roles require working in an
office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25
pounds.*TravelThis role is 100% remote. Should candidate reside
within a reasonable distance to a Service Center, some office
visits may be required.Special Message Regarding COVID 19PenFed is
continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us
serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In
light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19),
we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment
protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance
around social distancing.About UsEstablished in 1935, PenFed today
is one of the country's strongest and most stable financial
institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in
assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of
Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are
federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We
are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week,
twenty-four hours a day.We provide our employees with a lucrative
benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan
options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site
fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.Equal
Employment OpportunityPenFed management will maintain and observe
personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment
or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national
origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or
obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or
medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all
statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all
recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position
classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions,
transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and
conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation
against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or
harassment or participating in an investigation of same.PenFed will
also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability
so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions
of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these
individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be
eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation
creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR)
with any questions or requests for accommodation at
240-224-4256.#LI-LK1Comp Range: $41,300.00-$78,150.00Eligible for
Scorecard Bonus: Yes
Keywords: PenFed Credit Union, Phoenix , Remote Lead Mortgage Ops Loan Care Rep - Phoenix Arizona, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!