Senior Project Scheduler
Company: Hire Resolve
Posted on: November 22, 2021
A very popular construction firm is seeking a Senior Project
Scheduler in Phoenix, Arizona. Under general supervision, prepares
preliminary construction schedules from engineering plans and
specifications, reviews contractor schedule submittals, and
prepares analysis. The Individual also participates in the
development of project phasing, prepares schedule forensic analysis
of contract changes, and prepares integrated master schedule in the
absence of a general contractor. When needed, the individual
assists the project manager and/or superintendent in assessing the
job schedule progress. The individual also reviews the consultant
project cost estimates, prepares cost estimates of proposed
changes, participates in value engineering exercises, reviews
contractor changes order estimates, and recommends fair cost
settlements to the project manager. Ensures that the firm's core
values are known and are in practice.Required Tasks
- Develops, drafts, and computerizes (P6.2 and/or P6 Pro)
construction schedules for assigned areas of work without direct
- Produces master full turnkey project and CPM Schedules from
contract documents for a wide variety of projects.
- Audits and provides support for project schedules maintained by
- Performs all planning and scheduling activities for small to
medium-sized sub project schedules.
- Produces and maintains complex and/or large project schedules.
- Produces what-if scenarios, project risk analysis, manpower
histograms, percent complete and pure logic diagram reports, and
other scheduling reports as needed by the project manager.
- Manages and directs all planning and scheduling functions for a
large extensive project or group of smaller projects, including
personnel administrative and staffing activities, establishing
objectives, and providing technical direction and support for the
- Provides supervision and technical direction to support staff.
- Drafts construction schedule network diagrams through data
entry into computerized schedules.
- Interfaces with other construction departments and/or
subcontractors to provide scheduling data for items, such as
subcontract change requests, bid comparisons, new work item
estimates, and resolution of potential schedule and work problems.
- Provides administrative and technical direction for project
schedulers and develops, implements, and ensures project controls,
standards, and procedures are in compliance.
- Interfaces and maintains liaison with project management,
clients, subcontractors, etc., on all planning and scheduling
related items and functions, including reporting requirements,
progress status, and new impacts.
- Coordinates scheduling activities, action items, and liaison
with A/E. Coordinates the input and output of computer-generated
reports with staff, data processing, etc.
- Provides on-the-job training for on-site project management and
currently scheduled subcontractors.
- Travels to remote jobsites on a frequent and as-needed basis.
- Performs additional assignments from senior management.
- Regular, timely, and predictable attendance is required for
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as
assigned.Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management (or
related field) preferred
- 5+ of scheduling and cost estimating experience, including
reading/researching blue prints, quantity take-offs and estimating
practices. Or 5+ years in experience in onsite project management
or superintendent experience -experience with schedule building and
maintenance in these roles preferred but not required.Knowledge,
Skills, And Abilities Requirements
- Familiarity with Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling theory
and P6.2/P6 Pro Software
- Familiarity with safety in the office and on the job site.
- Familiarity with principles of engineering, engineering and
architectural plans, and construction cost estimating preferred.
- Proficiency in construction logic and sequencing.
- Familiarity with CPM and Program Evaluation and Review
Technique (PERT) fundamentals, ability to develop resource loaded
schedule is preferred.
- Familiarity with approved methods, materials and devices used
in general building and civil construction
- Proficiency in port standard scheduling and reporting
- Proficiency in project earned value applications and assessment
- Familiarity with construction production rates for primary
commodities in large commercial buildings, including, but not
limited to, demolition, excavation, pile driving, paving, steel
construction, formwork, concrete placement, underground utilities
and tenant improvements.
- Proficiency in standard PC software and hardware, planning and
scheduling software preferred
- Ability to read plans and specifications and develop and
approach to construction
- Ability to develop estimates and timelines from concepts and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties and
to work as a team member on a number of project groups
- Ability to work under deadlines and coordinate several
- Ability to accept supervision and adjust to changes in work
priorities as determined by altered priorities
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Word and ExcelIt's 2019 and the
year you can change your life! If you want to make a career change
and need professional help, contact us today! Taryn, Thandi, Logan,
Braden, Susan, Tanika, Amanda, Olumide, or Kyle are available to
take your calls so get in touch today- or simply send us your
resume- and we will get in touch!
or email us: engineering.vacancy(at)hireresolve.com
Keywords: Hire Resolve, Phoenix , Senior Project Scheduler, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!