Migrations Solution Architect (Remote)
Company: Pure Storage
Posted on: November 22, 2021
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID
vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries
rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the
most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by
partnering with Pure Storage. Pure's vision is to redefine the
storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people
consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50%
of the Fortune 500, we've only scratched the surface of our
Pure Is Blazing Trails And Setting Records
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in
the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to
innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top
1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure's leadership across
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster,
stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say "bring it on" to exciting challenges that
change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
As a Data Migrations Solution Architect, you will utilize your
strong consulting and technical competencies in the field of Block,
File, and Object data migrations, to provide the highest level of
architecting, and planning capability, and technical consultation
to customers, Pure team, and Pure partners.
You will work in cross-functional teams including Product and
Services Sales, Product Marketing, Business Development Managers,
Product Engineering to scope and help sell Professional Services
Data Migration solutions for homogeneous and heterogeneous
solutions to customers/partners. You will become intimately
acquainted with the customer's/partner's business requirements,
technical needs, systems, environment and service history, enabling
you to present targeted solutions to our customer base. You will
design and plan the implementation of the migration solutions for
our customers and will be expected to be a member of the hands-on
team delivering these services across the world. The role covers
customer facing pre-sales and delivery functions, and you will be
comfortable with performing either role as demand dictates.
You will possess a thorough understanding of modern datacenter and
hybrid cloud IT architecture, designing solutions, networking and
implementation of these solutions. You must have significant
experience across enterprise storage platforms, different data
migration technologies for SAN, NAS, Object, CAS, know most
enterprise class operating systems, and be comfortable with SAN
fabrics and NAS networking solutions. You will also be experienced
in delivering large scale and complex data migration projects
utilizing all the mentioned offerings and will also be skilled in
scripting to enable automation of these processes where
Solutions Architects work with customers, sales teams, engineering,
and Pure partners to:
- Help customers to determine the best way to achieve their
business objectives on projects that involve data migrations.
- Lead the data migration conversations, provide architecture,
and solution to address the data migration needs.
- Translate customer business requirements to migration solution
that will support achieving them
- Be an expert in Pure migration methodology. Explain how
methodology helps to mitigate data migration risks at the customer
- Conduct detailed technical discovery of a customer
- Perform customer environment and data analysis, identify areas
of focus for the delivery team
- Create a comprehensive end-to-end data migration plan that will
support achieving customer desired outcomes
- Be a Pure storage product expert consulting customers on the
best practice implementation techniques.
- Advise and consult on Pure solution implementation strategies
that will help to address customer needs around areas like active
clustering, DR replication, disaster recovery, monitoring and
- Have expertise in performing all data migration tasks, able to
lead and coach on them as necessary.
- Lead a team of migration engineers through a migration
- Be an SME in at least 4 data migration areas (Block data
migration, NFS, SMB/CIFS, Object, Compute, Application based
migration, Host based migration)
- Provide support for the technical issues related to the
migration architecture implementation.
- Develop scripts for both integration of Pure storage into a
customer's operational environment and the automation of
replication, clustering, cloud and data migrations.
What You'll Need To Bring To This Role...
- Excellent business focused verbal and written communication
- Ability to tailor messaging to the specific audience - sales,
management, technical etc.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a simple easy to
- Be a technical expert around data migration techniques
- Storage solutions deployment experience in the enterprise
- Flash Array experience / Replication technologies ( Active
Cluster or similar)
- Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and other cloud-based
- Data Center Migrations/Consolidations/Toolsets
- Networking concepts and high-level designs
- Cirrus Data Solutions Appliance (or Appliance based solutions
for migrating block data)
- Virtualization Tools - Cisco/Microsoft/VMWare (Cloud
- Proven experience of scripting languages such as Perl, Shell,
Powershell, Visual Basic, Python.
- Networking infrastructure (Nexus / ACI / Broadcom /
- Other technical platform or infrastructure migration tools such
as Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Datadobi, Komprise.
- Multi-vendor server and storage platforms and performance
- Operational knowledge of Windows, AIX, Unix, HP-US, Solaris,
Linux Operating systems
- Knowledge of Hyper-V and VMWare ESXi
- Preparation and delivery of technical and architecture
- Contribute significant portions for data migration solutions to
RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage
architectures (FC, iSCSI, CIFS/SMB, NFS, S3, OSD, SAN)
- Knowledge of Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, any
additional languages are a definite benefit
- Team leadership skills
- Bi-lingual (multi-lingual a huge+)
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical
Engineering; or related field is required; a Graduate Degree is
- Experience which demonstrates a significant level of expertise
in designing and delivering complex data migration solutions across
heterogenous storage platforms.
Will also look for Qualified candidates that have
- Specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in data migration
tool sets (specifically the Cirrus Data Appliance) and
- Understanding of enterprise applications like Oracle, SAP,
- Experience with deploying storage solutions in containerized
and public cloud environments.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding
how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Travel to the prospective customer's domestic sites and other
global sites as necessary.
For Colorado Applicants (as Required By SB19-085)
- Minimum annual base salary of $114,000. This position may be
eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
- US Benefits Summary---
BE YOU-CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an
impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice
and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and
celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn,
develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is
an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing
field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and
professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good
Foundation gives back to local and global communities through
volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best
self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy
balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and
company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they
need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after
meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe
you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the
laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you
may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com .
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information
you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate
Personal Information Protection Notice .
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance
with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not
currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are
unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE'S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure's policies, current and anticipated federal
regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health
and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the
community at large, all Pure employees and contractors working in
the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 no later than January 4, 2022. Should you require an
exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate
Pure's exemption request process which will determine if an
exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local,
state, and/or federal law.
Keywords: Pure Storage, Phoenix , Migrations Solution Architect (Remote), Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!