Posted on: October 14, 2021
In accordance with state and federal regulations, performs data
entry and patient registration. Responsible for resolution of third
party rejects and responding to high volume customer inquiries,
working under direct supervision. Follows standard operating
procedures and performs duties in accordance with Company policies
and procedures. Responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain
patient and drug information. Run automated machinery required to
pre-sort and package medications in support of the fulfillment
site. Duties may vary based on assigned department.
Using Walgreens prescription data entry procedures and guidelines,
processes new patient registration by entering data into
appropriate system. Handles patient prescription requests within
HIPAA guidelines and enters refill orders for processing.
Troubleshoots to obtain missing prescription information, and
interprets medical abbreviations (SIG codes). Resolves all data
entry related exceptions.
Run automated machinery, sort medications, transition inventory
through different workflow stages with a focus on quality
Count and fill prescriptions, affix labels, pack and ship. Clean
and help maintain machinery and maintain an ordlerly work area.
Resolves Third Party Rejects by reviewing, gathering information,
making corrections and resubmitting for processing according to
individual plan requirements.
Provides assistance to Pharmacists, both those in the facility and
those at other locations. Identifies and communicates issues to
senior level staff as appropriate.
Must obtain active technician license or certification within the
first 90 days, and maintain an active techncian license or
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down
computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs,
switch between programs, save files, print documents and/or access
- Basic Search Engines skills to include opening a browser,
typing in URLs in the correct location, using a search engine,
bookmarking a site, navigating using back/forward/stop buttons, and
filling out forms online.
- Intermediate level keyboarding skills (at least 25 WPM, touch
typing, formatting documents).
- Willing and able to perform tasks which include pushing,
pulling, grasping and lifting with or without reasonable
- Willing and able to carry up to 50 pounds with or without
- Willing and able to work a flexible shift.
- 18 years of age or older.
- At least one year of pharmacy technician experience in a
retail, fullfillment or call center environment.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external
customers, including meeting quality and productivity standards for
- Required certification/registration as a Pharmacy Technician by
state as granted by the state Board of Pharmacy or nationally
recognized certification agency.
- Intermediate to advanced level keyboarding skills (at least 35
WPM, touch typing, formatting documents).
Keywords: Walgreens, Phoenix , Pharmacy Technician, Other , Tolleson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!